cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing SIM on Multiple phones

martik777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a couple phones I use as tablets. IS there a way to activate them ALL so I can receive texts and/or calls on ALL the other phones  as well as my primary?

Edit: Clarified request to include "activation" of ALL phones 

7 REPLIES 7

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To be honest I've wished this was possible too... I'd rather bring an older device to work (greasy, sweaty etc) and save my good device for home or other outings. Then if something happens to the older one on the job it's not as tragic

I know you can switch all the time but what a hassle lol

You can get mobile service (cellular talk, text, and data) on any compatible device. But only on the device with the active SIM card.

That device can communicate with other devices through non-cellular channels. WiFi, Bluetooth, IrDA, LAN, USB, etc. So you might be able to find an app which receives cellular calls/texts/notifications and broadcasts them to other (linked) devices in range of WiFi/Bluetooth/whatever.

Another option is to purchase and activate more SIM cards - each with it's own account, billing, talk+text+data provisions, and phone number - to use in other devices.

Public Mobile does not provide any other options. And does not support eSIM form factors for device migration. Some other carriers do, but there's always limitations and costs of some sort (specifically attached to the specific devices they sell you in a bundled longterm postpaid contract/plan).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@martik777 wrote:

I have a couple phones I use as tablets. IS there a way to activate them ALL so I can receive texts and/or calls on ALL the other phones  as well as my primary?

Edit: Clarified request to include "activation" of ALL phones 

Your PM service is attached to your SIM card and not on your phone.  Therefore, you can move your SIM card to another device any time your like.  You can only have one device working at a time, not multiple device at the same time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@martik777 wrote:

I have a couple phones I use as tablets. IS there a way to activate them so I can receive texts and/or calls?

@martik777   Are you asking if you can transfer your current active PM SIM to these other devices and use your services on them?   Then the answer is yes as long as those other devices are compatible on PM/Telus Network and unlocked.   Or you could hotspot from your current device too.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@martik777   One SIM one number.  We cannot have the same number tie to multiple SIM.

you might want to use some auto forward app that forward the text to email?

For phone , it is easier, Kind of.  You can get a VoIP number like Fongo or TextNow.  Install the app on all your phones/tablet  Forward all your PM calls to the app and everyone will ring together.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No way you can do that at public mobile the not have it yet...

one SIM card for only one device working ....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@martik777 

You can only have one phone number and account per one SIM card.

But you can move that SIM  card to any compatible phone whenever you like.

Is that what you were asking?

Need Help? Let's chat.