cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share my experience on porting existing Rogers account into PM

mclyin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Just want to share my experience on porting from my Rogers account into PM. I see a lot of people having issue in this regard but my port in expereicne was quick and easy.

1. I activated PM sim with a new number.

2. After I made sure PM is working properly on my Iphone, I login to my account and go to change my number. I made sure that I did it in the night where I won't need to use my phone. So send in the request around 11pm and received confirmation text by 12:50 AM that port is completed. 

So I know many people are not having the same experience but to minimize the down time, I suggest try doing it in the late evening or night so you won't get interupted. 

5 REPLIES 5

@laivincent wrote:

I just activated the PM sim card. I ported my Roger's account. The SIM was activated successfully. When can I start using the new PM SIM card?

Thanks

You start using the Public Mobile sim card immdiately. However, incoming text messages originating from a non-Telus customer and incoming calls (from anyone) won't work until after the phone number has been fully transfered.

laivincent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated the PM sim card. I ported my Roger's account. The SIM was activated successfully. When can I start using the new PM SIM card?

Thanks

tknguyen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Will help me for when I port another number tonight. Thanks!

vinions
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wouldn't say mine was 100% smoothless but probably 95% smooth... port took about 30 minutes (when the text message came in saying it was done). I ported at activation.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for  the positive post.  I also came from Rogers and had a smooth transition as well without creating a temp number.  The later time frame makes sense as well as servers will be less busy.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.