cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up LTE on ASUS ZenFone Laser 2

ComradeDevin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi! I just activated my SIM card, set up the APN and am set to go, but my phone keeps telling me that I have either H or H+ for my data and i can't seem to get 4G at home at least, is there a way I can get this or am I stuck with 3G data?
4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Glad it was a non-issue, @ComradeDevin.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
That is likely the issue. In my home 3G is stronger so it's only now & then I have LTE. Two blocks away it's solid LTE.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ComradeDevin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thanks for the reply, it is the 551KL and I have it set to preferred 2G/3G/4G which is the only option that includes 4G and I did have 4G for a while, I guess the LTE is just a little fidgety around here

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @ComradeDevin,

There are a couple of possibilities.  The first thing I would check is go to settings (the gear icon in the notification shade), then Cellular Networks, and check your Preferred Network Type setting.  I'm not sure what the options are on the ZF2 Laser but if you have it set to something like 3G only or 2G/3G then you won't get LTE--try changing it to auto, or some combination that includes "LTE" or "4G".

If that isn't the case, then please let us know what specific model of Laser you have.  Is it the ZE551KL (probably purchased at Staples in Canada?), or the ZE500KL sourced/imported from elsewhere?  If the 500KL, it's likely not compatible with PM's LTE bands (or at least not the core band 4).  If it's a 551KL it's likely the preferred network type setting.

Hopefully that helps!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.