cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Email to SMS

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi, 

I am trying to send email to sms as discussed in the following thread. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/can-I-send-email-to-sms-public-mobile-use...

I am using the following email address; [10digitnumber]@msg.telus.com

But for some reason no sms is delivered. Does anyone know of any other configuration that I need to do to get this working? 

Thank you 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cheetah24 wrote:

Hi, 

I am trying to send email to sms as discussed in the following thread. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/can-I-send-email-to-sms-public-mobile-use...

I am using the following email address; [10digitnumber]@msg.telus.com

But for some reason no sms is delivered. Does anyone know of any other configuration that I need to do to get this working? 

Thank you 🙂

I just tried it with my number and it worked.

I sent it from my gmail account. You're not including the brackets, right?

Just send to 5551234567@msg.telus.com

edit: Glad you got it to work!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24, you can delete your own posts if you like.  I suggest keeping the posts and you point out something that others may benefit from.  I tried it using gmail and the text is not being received.

Edit:  I just tried with a different email service and it worked as well.  Interestingly, I received the gmail sent text at the same time.  Seems like the gmail message was clogged in the system and needed something else to push it through. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sorry about this, but it seems to work. The problem was that, I believe the email address that I was using had spam filters on its server side and somehow does not send sms to phones; however trying with a different email address from a different domain worked. 🙂 

@CS_Agent: Please feel free to delete this thread as I answered my own question.

Need Help? Let's chat.