cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service was permanently suspended.

Hamid0812
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, My service was permanently suspended after 90 days yesterday. I forgot credit my account before it was suspended. How can I reactivate my account with my old number? I want to keep my number. I am not in the country right now, but will return in a week and need a phone on my arrival at the airport.

6 REPLIES 6

@Hamid0812 

Well that sucks! There sometimes is a small window on the 90th day just after cancellation before you number us released and you have a sim card and get a moderator who is willing to help. 

At this point it is very unlikely. You have to go to the original provider of the phone number and activate with them to retrieve your phone number. If its telus/ koodo/pm although officially pm will not do this you can always contact the moderators and plead your case.....but you will still need to activate asap.

To do this you would need to either work with another community member ( via private messaging) preferably from the same city in Canada that you will return to that regularily keeps extra sim cards on hand for emergency referrals or you could order an activation bundle from CCS but while you would have an activated sim card in your mail box once you get home CCS dies not normally give you the sim card number, acct pin# or temporary phone # beforehand so you would have to ask if they would supply that info ahead of time so the moderator could access your account......but now that I think about it the latter option will not work.

Only a community member or a trusted friend or family willing to purchase a sim card so you can do an online activation would work. So approach the original provider of the phone number first and go from there.....

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hamid0812  I am not certain there is much you can do after 90 days.. even missed by a day.

I still suggest you to try to open a ticket with mod and maybe they can swing something good for you.

Just in case, I understand you might need phone when you are back, when you are in the airport.   Go to download VoIP app like TextNow as a temporary solution.  Download and register and pick a local number.  As long as you have Wifi, you can use TextNow and people could reach you on the TextNow local number you picked just like a regular phone.  

@Hamid0812 

As mentioned above, your account is permanently closed.  You will need top purchase a new SIM card when you return back to Canada and likely activate a new PM phone number.

Your mobile number was returned to the initial mobile company that you activated with.  It would be difficult to get that specific number back.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hamid0812 : One day?! Oh man. What made you become aware that time was up?

I don't know how at all possible they'd be willing to get it back. But then there should also be some personal responsibility.

Can you dial 18554public from where you are? Or can you log in? How do you know you're past 90 days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hamid0812 

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

@Hamid0812 wrote:

Hello, My service was permanently suspended after 90 days yesterday. I forgot credit my account before it was suspended. How can I reactivate my account with my old number? I want to keep my number. I am not in the country right now, but will return in a week and need a phone on my arrival at the airport.

Sorry, but your account has been permanently closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.