cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working

Abrar104
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

I just got the Sim selected a number and activated the service all went well, But when i called my friend he didnt coudlnt see my number and was showing Unknown caller, I restarted my phone several times but no luck, then i tried calling the selected number and it says number not correct.

I then changed the number and tried again but now I cant even make any calls.

Please help

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

@Abar104 

Strange I can't properly tag the OP?

Anyhow...pm is a prepaid provider so they do not have to issue refuds for unused service. Since you have already activated a new account with telus there isn't much of a reason to explain how the online only service model works to fix your outgoing calling error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

with public mobile no refund.

but i think your issue with your device
can you try it out your SIM card and bring another phone and test it please .

and if you can do for your device a factory reset.

Good Luck

Abrar104
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Actually I am not satisfied with this at all and went to Telus office and had a postpaid connect. I want to refund the amount I paid for my Public mobile package which is unused.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Abrar104 

Wow that does seem very odd. The unknown caller might actually be in your phone settings, you can choose to display your number, name, or hide it all. It depends on the phone model you have on where to go in the settings

For the fact of you not making calls I would maybe put the sim in another phone see if it does the same. 

If it does not work in the second phone then you know the issue might be with the sim. I would always consider buying a second sim as a backup for many reasons. 

If the sim does work in the second phone then we know there might be an issue with your phone or something in the settings to look into. But before we do that we would need more info on the model of the phone you are having issues with. 

Keep us updated. 

@Abrar104 

If still not working, more details would be helpful.

Which model phone? 

Is text or data working?

Might also want to try the SIM card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Abrar104 wrote:

Hi All,

I just got the Sim selected a number and activated the service all went well, But when i called my friend he didnt coudlnt see my number and was showing Unknown caller, I restarted my phone several times but no luck, then i tried calling the selected number and it says number not correct.

I then changed the number and tried again but now I cant even make any calls.

Please help

Thanks 

@Abrar104 you changed the number, okay. and now you can't make calls?

Trying rebooting your phone, and signing out of your Self Serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.