cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service interruptions for the last 3 days in Montreal - anyone know what's happening?

keithfrancis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My girlfriend and I are both with public mobile. Since Thursday our service has been spotty and today it has been completely off. We cannot send or receive text messages or calls. We have both paid our bills. What is happening? When can we expect non interrupted service? 

17 REPLIES 17

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^I wonder if it's your Phone. Do you have any Friends or Family Member in your area with a Bellus Phone if so ask them if they are also having issues

keithfrancis

Yes still getting spotty service. Last night around 7pm  and then on and off throughout the night and this morning.

Will send a message to the "contact us". Thank you.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Moid,

Both the poster and his girlfriend were experiencing spotty service.

FYI.

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@keithfrancis Are you getting service on your phone now? 

Can you please click on Contact Us  and send your address, the issue happening we can check the location to see if there is any problem in that location. 

Thanks 

Martin
Legend
Legend
keithfrancis,

Are you and your girlfriend still experiencing spotty service?

Martin
Legend
Legend
keithfrancis,

I've written myself a note to keep up-to-date with your situation.

If and when your phone's power switches off for no apparent reason, please post that here. I will continue to trouble-shoot until a solution is found.

keithfrancis

Ran the phone in safe mode - network displayed as Public Mobile - 4G working, full bars. Restarted phone. 

After restart I did have service - however, I had service before doing this but had not had service most of last night. It seems to constantly switch on and off sometimes for a few minutes sometimes for hours. Currently service is on.

Martin
Legend
Legend
keithfrancis,

Do you have your phone's user guide, either in hard copy or as a PDF file? If so, look for safe mode.

If you have neither, enter your phone's make and model into the Google search engine, along with "user guide pdf", but without quotation marks.

It would be appreciated if you were to report back here, whether successful or not.

Good luck!

keithfrancis

Using Samsung model number GT-S7560M

Phone service still not working - sometimes it works for a minute or two then goes back off line. Both phones are same model. Both paid. 

Not quite sure how to enter safe mode - googling didn't help. Been trying the searching for network operators in mobile setting,selecting mobile data and deselecting mobile data, removed sim card and put it back in...starting to be very frustrating as we've been customers for nearly 2 years.

Martin
Legend
Legend
keithfrancis,

You may wish to try this:
Switch into safe mode while your phone's power is on. Check to see that all is right, including data being on, and PM being your preferred network. Turn the power off, and then reboot into normal mode.

It would be appreciated if you were to return to the community, informing us if the above did or did not help.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Can you tell us what phones you are using?

keithfrancis

It's the strangest thing - full bars - the 4G disappears for hours and then comes back - but the bars have remained full during the whole time whether service is working or not.

benwarez

Signal reception could be weak in your region, are U getting at least 4 bars in the top right corner of the phone or less

keithfrancis

Tried it a few more times - started working but is still a bit spotty.

benwarez

Hmmm... that's weird..! I'm wondering why?.

keithfrancis

Thanks for the reply. I did that with both phones. They worked long enough to receive a few missing texts and then went offline again. Still not able to send text or make calls. 

benwarez
Just by power cycling it - or pulling battery/sim for few seconds and search network settings manually will fix network issue, I'm in Montreal and phone is up running all the time without interuption
Need Help? Let's chat.