cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Outage

jellybean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'd like to report no service in town of Lac La Biche. Three phones all show same issue (using home wifi at moment).

TIA
5 REPLIES 5

jellybean

Hello wetcoaster,

Yes...I did say in my last post before you replied that my service issue was resolved.

And, no, I don't expect any company to provide 100% uptime. I simply reported I had no Service.  I checked the Telus site and it indicated no reports of issues, (but as that only indicates if others have reported an issue and to be patient) I reported it there.  I next reached out to PM in the only way I knew of (thank you for the moderator link - I wish someone had provided that right away) so that any potential problem could be addressed for me and other users in a timely manner.

I mistakenly thought "Service Outage" would have received a response from someone (at PM) and expected to receive replies such as:

A) IF the service was indeed out.

B) Thanking me for letting them know, We'll look into it...

then, if they didn't notice in a timely manner...

C) I'm glad your service is working now, next time you can reach us more immediately at...

I think that one issue is that PM does NOT have many problems (I haven't) and therefore there is no reason for the average person to come on this forum and know their way around.  I bet I'm not alone in that I find the landing page confusing (especially on a tiny phone in the middle of the night away from a computer).

I think there should be clear information RIGHT on the MAIN landing page where to find "reach someone that can help right now" link.  If it's there I don't see one... but, then again - I'm a man and I can't find a Ham in the freezer either.  By the same token, I'm sure many PM customers have the same issue (with Ham and the landing page).

@jellybean wrote:

I live in Lac La Biche.  Four weeks ago and yesterday and today it was perfectly fine - agreed.  There has never been an outage that I'm aware of.  However, there was obviously an outage last night as 3 separate phones all showed no service.  I did nothing and by morning there was service. 

I am a responder to to several alarms and wanted to minimize downtime.  I was hoping someone from PM would look into the issue.  Apparently not.

Disappointing.

Well, to be fair... unless I read your information here wrong it looks like it was resolved overnight?

For future reference, if your troubleshooting (several phones on PM, rebooting the phone etc) leads to the conclusion that there is a network outage, you can check for outages on the Telus network in your area. That's what your connection is running on.

I'm not sure if you had actually contacted the moderator team, sending them a private message is a way more efficient means to have urgent issues resolved that the community can't help with.

Community Moderators are available from Mon-Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

No cell phone provider can guarantee you 100% up-time. If you need to be reachable around the clock you might want to have a plan B. You could go with a cheap prepay phone service that runs on the Rodgers network (SpeakOut springs to mind as an example) and have conditional forwarding turned on (downside: you need a dual sim phone if you don't want to carry two phones around). Or you can follow @Luddite's more elegant suggestion here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

Good luck!

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I suggest you to personally message this moderator @Shazia_K and let her know about this issue. It seems like this is disturbing your work. She will respond asap

jellybean

I live in Lac La Biche.  Four weeks ago and yesterday and today it was perfectly fine - agreed.  There has never been an outage that I'm aware of.  However, there was obviously an outage last night as 3 separate phones all showed no service.  I did nothing and by morning there was service. 

I am a responder to to several alarms and wanted to minimize downtime.  I was hoping someone from PM would look into the issue.  Apparently not.

Disappointing.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
That is very surprising, I actually was there a week ago and my service was perfect there. I had 4 bars of connection and my internet worked fine. I suggest to take your sim out of your phone if you haven't done so and try again. Wish you the best of luck
Need Help? Let's chat.