cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Keeps Stopping Working

MaryKateB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service keeps stopping working and I can only receive texts from iPhone users and cat receive any calls. I have restarted my phone but it won’t work.  

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MaryKateB wrote:

My service keeps stopping working and I can only receive texts from iPhone users and cat receive any calls. I have restarted my phone but it won’t work.  

@MaryKateB  iPhone users can send texts via iMessage that uses Wi-Fi and/or data. Sounds like your account might be suspended. Dial 611 from your phone to get a status update. If you are on AutoPay and your plan was up for renewal it's possible that the renewal failed. If you account is suspended then follow the prompts or access your selfserve account and click on the re-activate button.

@Helpershelper wrote:

If your plans active, then you should be receiving incoming calls as their unlimited.

We don't know which plan the OP has. Not all plans ever offered include unlimited incoming calls.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MaryKateB try resetting your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If your plans active, then you should be receiving incoming calls as their unlimited. Currently there aren’t any outages on the network, so we’ll have to check your devices settings. I would put your phone in airplane mode for 10 seconds then back off airplane mode. Also check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.

Your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive. If you don't see your phone number, you can link your number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessages from your phone number.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Cbeck your account status. Active or suspended?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.