cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Disabled on Good Standing Account

JoeBush
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Waiting for a Moderator to help with my no service problem. Now I have no phone.

No phone, sms or data.

Long time user. Account all paid up. On Autopay. Money taken from credit card as usual. 

Swapped sim to different phone with same problem. Reset wifi, etc.

Emergency calls only. No service. Service disabled.

I'm pretty mad.

9 REPLIES 9

JoeBush

Great advice. Thanks!

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JoeBush  While you await repair, and for future backup, have a look at Fongo & TextNow. Both have free, or very cheap, calling/texting while on wifi. 

@JoeBush  check with mod as described by the @esjliv  is the only way for now.  Used to be able to check on Self-Serve but for security, PM removed the self-checking process. Let's hope they can come up with a better process

@JoeBush wrote:

What's the sim card checking process? Thanks.

@JoeBush ,

The Moderators can tell you if the SIM card connected to your account is the one that is actually inside your phone.

So if you have a communication/ticket with a Moderator it may be a good idea to confirm the LAST 4-digits of your SIM card with them.

If they DO NOT match this could be a case that someone was fraudulent on your account.

JoeBush

What's the sim card checking process? Thanks.

@JoeBush ,

I hope it is not a case of SIM jacking.

Some info about this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

JoeBush

Account Status: Active.

I'll check out the sim numbers. Thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JoeBush , auto pay renewals fail from time to time unfortunately.  If you have messaged the moderators for assistance, the only thing you can do is wait patiently for their response.  Hopefully they will get back to you shortly.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

So, what is showing on Self-Serve?  still showing active?

I know you are waiting for Mod.  Make sure to confirm what is the SIM number on the record and compare with the one on your SIM physically...  Hope it is not Simjacked.

Need Help? Let's chat.