cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screwed over for promotional offers.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

I received another one of the CCTS messages from 5129. I texted unsubscribe but it apparently unsubscribed me from ALL promotional public mobile offers. That was NOT what I wanted. I wanted to unsubscribe to the CCTS message. NOT promotions.

Apparently you cannot unsubscribe from CCTS, and cannot resubscribe to promotional offers. This is a ridiculous design. @CS_Agent 

Screenshot_QKSMS_20200823-002043.png

24 REPLIES 24

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious 

I think you may have been " Screwed over for your solution!" Lol!

@Korth 

You can only find it if you have a certain mindset......let alone use it. Plus there's keys, a code, 2FA..... it's more effort than its worth for all but a ..... just use the easy button.

Wait a moment ...

We have a big red report button? Where? I looked everywhere except under the autobot and still can't find it.

@mimmo 

Dont worry not only do i have a sense of humour but i dont have my finger on the big red report button. However I dont think there was that much information to miss the 5th sentence on the second line. If that's the case then @gblackma solution total of 696 is was way too low........

Now if @RobertQc  simply skimmed over or ignored my post then it would be easy to not be able to follow simple instructions. Do this. Do that. Contact the mods. Oh wait my bf does this all the time so yes I do see how it could be missed.....or tuned out.....lol.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous   I meant no disrespect in my above post re @darlicious ,  there was lots of info in her post, and the mod part could be easily overlooked. 

Yes I used term kitchen sink  hopefully its understood in a lighthearted manner it was intended )  if not @darlicious I apologize. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@darlicious   did mention contacting the mods,   but it was kind of hidden in the text which  included the kitchen sink,  it was a brief in passing comment so not sure it counts, but its there...  

Wait for it... 🙂 Heaven forbid swords are fallen on for no reason.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc   Personally i have no issues with self solutions when they are warranted.   Sometimes a person does figure out the solution that is not mentioned, like you did in this case.  or did you?  @darlicious   did mention contacting the mods,   but it was kind of hidden in the text which  included the kitchen sink,  it was a brief in passing comment so not sure it counts, but its there... Its a tough one.      I will not unmark the solution,  as not sure when you contacted the mods.  I will leave it up to your best judgement. 🙂

You could try changing your phone number and/or your SIM card, lol, see if that returns this "user preference" back to PM default.

In future, you can block incoming numbers (like 5129) on your phone software. Allowing you to unblock at any time without extra delays or hassles. If your built-in SMS software doesn't let you set spam filters and block/unblock in less than two seconds then install a better SMS app which will.

And you can try sending YES from your number to 5179 anyhow ... maybe that'll still register your number on the gift list, lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update.

So now the big question...did you get any gifts? 🙂 You would apparently have to have a BC or AB number to get the recent ones.

For the first time, it appears as though I have the solution myself which I could not find here after much searching and many posts from others. Giving yourself a solution is frowned upon, but in this case I think its warranted, the best course of action and should be done to give other people the answer while searching as the "common knowledge" of "it can't be done" is false. Feel free to remove the solution if I am breaking some official rule.

@NDesai  wrote

A few others have done the same and we have not found a way to subscribe back to it.

Contact the mods, they can do it.

[emphasis added as I had trouble locating the actual solution ...... Luddite]

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for reaching us.

I have re-started the notification for you.

Please just turn off and on the phone, just to be sure it will synchronize accordingly with the system.

@will13am  @computergeek541 @ShawnC13 @mimmo @Luddite - Tagging you guys letting you know this is possible for helping future customers. I am not around enough to pass this on and I see quite a few other members that had the same problem with no solution.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc 

Wow you are persistent. You can also try with uppercase as others suggested.

Two things may have already transpired:
1. You will start receiving texts from 5129 when the next one is due.
2. You have signed up for the promotional offer without actually receiving the promo text.

treefrog

@carlaspapa 

You said it. It doesnt seem right that a small percentage of customers didn't get the text offer. That's too random for the rest to be targeted.

carlaspapa

Well that sure sucks Robert . I got my text right after I got the ccts text. After that I help my landlord get his because he's not good with cell phones whatsoever. So now you're both getting the free gifts. Is there any special reason for this?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

These CCTS notifications are a code requirement.  Not sure why they would allow any sort of request from the customer.  That stop should have been ignored.  

@RobertQc why don't you sign back up for deal alerts using option to give them the email address to do so on the middle of the plan page https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would suggest sending a YES message to 5179 to see what happens.

Nothing.

On my other account that got the text, after replying with the YES, I got the confirmation about immediately after.

Not this one.

Oh that's hilarious. On my dormant account on the $10 plan too, I have the SIM in a phone that I keep in airplane mode. It has been suspended for just over 80 days. I took it out of airplane mode and promptly got the gift. Replied YES and got the confirmation. Go figure. I'd really rather it on my second account. Oh the quirks and oddities of Public Mobile. 🙂

I was just about to reactivate that account too so I guess I'll use it for the month. After sitting going nowhere for 3 weeks, my new phone finally moved somewhere. Maybe it'll arrive for me to use this account as the other SIM.

@RobertQc 

Why are your attempts not in CAPITAL LETTERS?

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice attempts at re-subscribing though 🙂

@Anonymous More attempts than you know. lol. I scrolled up to show the CCTS message.

Screenshot_QKSMS_20200823-012111.png

LOL that is awesome.  Did you try Please let me back in

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@RobertQc in the past, there have been offers (migration offers) that eligibility wasn't determined by text message itself, but rather a seperate list of phone numbers.  It's possible that unsubscribing to the text messages simply prevents the text message from being sent out, but that list of eligible phone numbers could possibly remain unchanged.

I would suggest sending a YES message to 5179 to see what happens.

@RobertQc 

I wouldnt give up yet. Have you tried replying with UNSTOP or START to 5179? Do you have any other messages from that code? Try it with 5129 as well. Then contact the moderators. It is important that the ability to to unsubscribe is clear and easy to understand. The text message from 5129 about the CCTS should indicate that you can't unsubscribe from it and if you try it may affect other text messages such as promotions. If they could send out new text offers in the spring to select customers then as long as you opt in again they should be able to send you the text offer.

Opt back in with a shared short code

To resubscribe to your SMS campaigns with a shared short code, your contacts can do this in two ways:

• Reply to an older SMS campaign from you before they opted-out.
  • Send a new SMS message to your shared short code with the keyword, followed by a space, followed by either the word START or UNSTOP. For example, if your keyword is COMPANY, a contact must send COMPANY START or COMPANY UNSTOP to opt back into your SMS campaigns.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous More attempts than you know. lol. I scrolled up to show the CCTS message.

Screenshot_QKSMS_20200823-012111.png

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Hmm.. I even just tried sending the standard "HELP" commonly used for shortcodesto 5129 and didn't get a response back...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

In the past, there have been many different texts from different numbers with promotions.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

I received another one of the CCTS messages from 5129. I texted unsubscribe but it apparently unsubscribed me from all promotional public mobile offers. That was NOT what I wanted. I wanted to unsubscribe to the CCTS message. NOT promotions.

Apparently you cannot unsubscribe from CCTS, and cannot resubscribe to promotional offers. This is a ridiculous design. @CS_Agent 

Yeah really. How is the CCTS required text some kind of promotional text. And that it doesn't say anything about unsubscribing in it. And that the current gift is from 5179. But if you're not from BC or AB then you're outta luck anyway.

Need Help? Let's chat.