cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Scam Calls - 2 in the past few days

@Cindybeam 

More often than not they aren't calling from here....but Russia, African countries or other international destinations and to them it is a job.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cindybeam wrote:

Saturday morning I received a call from someone saying that my phone # came up for a Visa scam , Today my husband received a call from 1-519 468 4745 it was an automated call saying 2 charges were being applied to our visa one was for 400. from ebay the other was 1400, from somewhere else ,  We are both public mobile customers , We knew it was a scam they do not specify what type of visa you have , just making everyone aware so you can be prepared , I did call our visa company just to be safe and they said I should report the number to our service provider .. Thanks 

@Cindybeam ,

Good on you both for realizing it was a Scam! 

Unfortunately, others have not been so lucky.

Scams, like this, have been around before cell phones, and will probably always follow us in one form or another.

Educate and inform when possible.

FYI - try to ignore what you think is spam calling and hopefully they will go away soon!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cindybeam 

Scam calls are just a fact of life nowadays. I mean that chinese "Ni hao" lady has been calling me at least once a week for three years. I just delete the voice message and move on to getting bitcoin to pay my tax bill with the CRA so they don't put me jail.

Meow
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cindybeam wrote:

It is true , I just don't understand why these people don't just get real jobs , The farmers in my area are crying for workers !! and a local store owner has posting for 3 full time positions and can't get anyone to work !! 

Where are you exactly?

Working on a farm is not exactly easy job. I was reading and watching some videos on CBC and have to say if there are no migrant workers we will all go hungry. It is not just that people do not want to work, you have to have skills to pick crops. Some farmers said ordinary folks will cause more damage than do good. Bending 8-10 hours or similar work is not that easy for unaccustomed person. We should all give big kudos and respect to migrant workers.

As for the local store hiring, again, where is that? I would not mind to apply.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

should I say my famous Bruce Lee joke?

or do you think I'll get banned again lol

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I got a few of the credit card transaction calls too... When I told them the $400 charge was OK they hung up on me! 🤣

softech
Mayor / Maire

I am better, I usually would give them my address:   24 Sus**bleep** Dr, Ottawa,    🤣

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Cindybeam wrote:

Saturday morning I received a call from someone saying that my phone # came up for a Visa scam , Today my husband received a call from 1-519 468 4745 it was an automated call saying 2 charges were being applied to our visa one was for 400. from ebay the other was 1400, from somewhere else ,  We are both public mobile customers , We knew it was a scam they do not specify what type of visa you have , just making everyone aware so you can be prepared , I did call our visa company just to be safe and they said I should report the number to our service provider .. Thanks 

I had 2 yesterday from the CRA...one from Victoria BC and one from Penticton BC. 

Once again I would highly recommend that you have a full compliment of contacts including family, friends, lovers, xlovers, businesses, and enemies. And keep it up to date. 

Then any call with no name....be cautious....don't answer, let it go to voice mail, or have some fun with the caller. Verify the number on 800 Notes, and then block the caller. And block any on the list above like enemies and xlovers!!

Need Help? Let's chat.