cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cindybeam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Scam Calls - 2 in the past few days

Saturday morning I received a call from someone saying that my phone # came up for a Visa scam , Today my husband received a call from 1-519 468 4745 it was an automated call saying 2 charges were being applied to our visa one was for 400. from ebay the other was 1400, from somewhere else ,  We are both public mobile customers , We knew it was a scam they do not specify what type of visa you have , just making everyone aware so you can be prepared , I did call our visa company just to be safe and they said I should report the number to our service provider .. Thanks 

will13am
Oracle

Re: Scam Calls - 2 in the past few days

Thanks for the warning.  These type of spam calls can happen to anyone using any service.  There is little we can do about it other than blocking the number on the dialer app.  This is like whack a mole as the number spammers used is spoofed and can change. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can block the phone number or if they become frequent, you could change your number every 30 days 

Here is a previous thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/FREQUENT-SCAM-CALLS/m-p/440960#M99...

softech
Mayor / Maire

thanks for the head up.  

These days, it's really hard to get rid of this scam calls, scam emails.  we really need to be careful, not pickup any calls or open any email from ppl we don't kno.

Meow
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I got calls from area codes 639, 431, 236, 623, 581 in last few days.

Let them all go to voice mail as I do not recognize these numbers.

I guess it will be more and more of these at it is easier to run a scam than do honest work.

Yummy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not to mention robocalls from local politicians how they are 'concerned' about my well being.

I would not mind (if not too frequent) if call comes from live person but recording some annoying, pathetic message and then bother citizens is really low.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

Not to mention robocalls from local politicians how they are 'concerned' about my well being.

I would not mind (if not too frequent) if call comes from live person but recording some annoying, pathetic message and then bother citizens is really low.

Too bad just robocalls.. they should have least have some "Live Support" and call you in person.. then you can remind them .. "Call me again and you will loss my vote.. Election is coming..."

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cindybeam 

Thanks for the heads up on this more recent scam. This one actually hopes to be calling you on a landline. Because there is a delay in disconnecting the fraudsters hope their target immediately phones their credit card issuer. However because of this delay the target can actually remain connected to the fraudster who plays a recording like you hear normally to enter your credit card number, dob and your pin# etc....this is how they get your info.

Cindybeam

It is true , I just don't understand why these people don't just get real jobs , The farmers in my area are crying for workers !! and a local store owner has posting for 3 full time positions and can't get anyone to work !! 

Cindybeam

Sad if I have to change my number every 30 days !! but I can see it coming !!

Need Help? Let's chat.