cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says I have used all my data... but I have not.

Sarena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have quite a lot of data with my plan including add-ons and such. I got a text today saying I have used almost all of my data (my plan renewed on Dec 27th) and self-service confirms it. My account says I have used almost 6GB in a week. I definitely have not, I never use that much. I even checked the usage on my phone and it says I have used less than a GB of data since Dec 27th. I don't know what to do about this. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Sarena contact customer support team

click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "data wrong"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@Sarena ,

It sounds like you may have a good handle on what you're seeing for usage on your phone.

Are you an iphone or android user?

If android, try downloading this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

It can be set to your 30 day renewal cycles. I use it, and it is quite basic, but does the trick.

If you really think something is up with what your data usage is saying on your SELF SERVE check in with the moderators about it.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Sarena

I have never used it as a hotspot. My phone says I have only used a minimal amount since the start of the cycle and I have the dates set up right for the tracking, too. I checked app-by-app, and day-by-day. Nothing unusual, no large data usages at all. 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sarena are you using this as a mobile hotpsot for others. 

Sarena

I have my phone set to reset with my public mobile cycle. I looked at total data usage on my phone since the start of the cycle (Dec 27) and it is less than 1G, app-by-app shows the same (not much used). 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

When you check usage on my Account.. check it day after day and see if you can confirm with your daily tracking on your phone and see if you find any thing abnormal.

Yes, as someone said.. your monthly track on the phone is usually a Monthly tracking and not 30 days tracking

if you are on Android.. try "Data Counter widget: Data usage manager/monitor" by Roy Solberg.  With the proper setup, you can do a 30days tracking.

@Sarena wrote:

My phone itself says I have used nowhere near as much as self-service says. I never use much data. It has only been a few days into my plan and data is turned off for most apps, I'm always very good about it. I think it must be an error in self-service. 

The data tracker on phones use a monthly cycle.  Unless you reset it every renewal, it will not align with the 30 day renewal cycle for this service.  Maybe you can look at the detailed usage in your account and see which day or days had the heavy usage.  Check also per app data usage to pinpoint what happened.  

Sarena

My phone itself says I have used nowhere near as much as self-service says. I never use much data. It has only been a few days into my plan and data is turned off for most apps, I'm always very good about it. I think it must be an error in self-service. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your self serve account as it is usually very accurate.  Make sure you disable auto updates unless on wifi and turn off GPS.

Need Help? Let's chat.