cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saying calls rejected

Mybab13s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

20 REPLIES 20

I'll add that if the customer does confirm that number porting failed and changes the number to a new one, this will make incoming calls work (with a new number). However, the very second that the number port is re-attempted, the customer will again be in the same situation as now until porting has completed.  The customer may very need simply need to wait for the porting process to complete or have the porting corrected if something does go wrong.

edit: never mind as you were saying that outgoing calls are working

@computergeek541 

Edit: My bad.....edit bad info......

However I do agree with your warning and will edit my post. thx

@darlicious wrote:

@Mybab13s 

You will need a temporary number while you wait for textnow number to port as it could take up to a week. Hopefully the port will only take a couple of days. Contact customer support to have a temporary number assigned to your account. 

Unfortunately, I do not believe this will work.  The way Public Mobile's systems are set up, porting in a phone number immediately replaces any phone number on the Public Mobiile account the very moment that a phone number is requested to be ported in. In the past, some customers have tried to fix porting issues by changing phones numbers in self serve while a number port in was in progress.  These situations usually did not go well.  A phone number change can be done from self serve, but even if a customer support agent changes the phone number for the customer, I strongly suspect because of the way that number porting works at Public Mobile, doing so may very well cancel out any number porting request.

The above isn't the worst part.  There's also a slim chance that a number change could be processed after the number port in has completed. If that happens, the customer could possibly lose the phone number forever. Customers should never try to change the phone number on the Public Mobile account while there is an incoming number porting request open, unless of course the customer is ok with abandoning that phone number.

@Mybab13s 

I believe deleting the phone number off the app is effectively "cancelling" the phone number.  To recover it you must contact textnow customer support.

1. Call

You can call customer support a call and asking them to help with recovering your old account. The lines are open from Monday to Friday and are ready for an average time of 12 minutes for waiting. This can be an effective method, and you can retrieve your phone number in this way.

2. Email

TextNow also provides email support with which you will be able to easily recover your phone number. You can send an email with your request; don’t expect an answer within 55 hours of the time.

@Mybab13s 

You will need a temporary number while you wait for textnow number to port as it could take up to a week. Hopefully the port will only take a couple of days. Contact customer support to have a temporary number assigned to your account. If you ask for an Alberta number and top up your account before porting you will only pay gst on the funds you add....you will save the pst.

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of the screen to contact the CSA's. Type "Assign temporary number" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop indicating a message from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Welcome to public mobile!

Edit: Thx to @computergeek541  who pointed out you do have outgoing calling I am not so sure you can get a temporary number assigned or not if you are mid-port. Have the CSA check if textnow released your number or not to determine if a temporary number can be assigned to your account.

never done it myself.. but look like it can be done.. just more work..

TextNow Wireless Porting Instructions

To take your service from TextNow to another company, you will need to navigate to the ‘My Wireless Account’ page on the TextNow website. From that page, click on the area that says, “Number Porting.” For the information you will need to port your number from TextNow, click “Port out your number.” This will then allow you to access your account number and PIN your next carrier will require to complete the porting process. Another way to obtain your account information is by using the chat box TextNow has on their website. They will validate you are the holder of the account and then provide the account information.

rzhevskii2000

Forget about transferring a number from TextNow, it won't work.  I'm using TextNow for many years.  Tried to transfer, but got the same thing like in your case.  Those aren't real numbers.  Just get a new number and advise whoever is on TextNow contact list of your new number.

Mybab13s

Oh okay! Thank you! Good too know well then my issue is with transferring the number from text now? Darn it! I just deleted the number off TextNow too! So that means I cannot receive any calls?!!! Nooooo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mybab13s : I've never transferred a number from TexNow. It's just something I've picked up here. If you were able to select TextNow as the provider and entered the required information then it is said that that could take upwards to a week to complete.

Mybab13s

How did you complete the progress

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mybab13s : VoIP numbers may take a while to fully transfer. Were you paying fees to TextNow? I would suggest continuing to use the VoIP app until it stops working under that number. When you call out on your cell account does it show caller id as your number?

Mybab13s

I transferred an old number I was using on a text now app and didn’t switch the sim through till I completed the process

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mybab13s : Did you pick a new number from here? Or did you transfer from a previous provider? If a transfer then did you leave the previous SIM in to confirm the transfer?

Mybab13s

I tried rebooting the phone.  I can call out but can’t receive calls..

Mybab13s

Yes my account is active 

Mybab13s

I just set up the contract today and paid it. The LTE still works but the network is slow and rejecting my calls

I am sure my phone is unlocked and I got the $50 plan

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mybab13s...welcome to the Public Mobile Community forum...made up of users just like you and me.

More info please...what kinda phone. Which plan you on ? Has it ever worked for you on PM network. When is you plan set for renewal ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Mybab13s   on one particular number?  On all calls?

you tried put in a 1 before calling?

you tried reboot the phone?

what is showing on My Account/Self-Serve?  Status Active?

Need Help? Let's chat.