Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOLEN NUMBER

nfdf33
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My number was just stolen i need help!!!! I NEED HELP ASAP

20 REPLIES 20

@nfdf33 An important question to ask is how did this person get your email address and password to your PM self serve account.

@nfdf33 

This is s good reason to keep an extra sim card on hand so you can play switcharoo on the fraudster.

@nfdf33 Sims can't be reused. 

nfdf33

It does not let me change my his sim to my original sim because it says that its already in use.

I can suspend the service but he has changed my email login and timed out the "Reset Password" function so I am no longer able to try and reset the password. Thus resulting in him always having access to my Public Mobile selfserve and being able to resume service.

@nfdf33  Best to not change numbers but try to get your number back. If you suspended your account he will not be able to receive any texts or calls. Once you change sim card numbers you will get your number back. Secure your selfserve and email accounts.

@nfdf33 a word of advice. don't use 2fa. and for any website asking for a number. don't use your personal mobile number. use a family, or someone close that you trust. and make a dud email only for public. contact moderators to change your email. unlink everything. if it's easy for you, it's easy for them

be old school and just write your passwords down on a piece of paper.

by the way when I ported two accounts from virgin today. as soon as I finished the payment process. I installed the sim in the phone and it ended up received the porting fraud text on the public mobile sim lol. omg ..

nfdf33

Yes. He swapped out sim card numbers. I requested a new number so it should change my original number so he would stop receiving 2 step authentication and any other information to access my accounts. I also suspended the service and am always looking to see if he resumes it.

nfdf33

Thank you I have started to change all the information on my account. He was making purchases through Paypal with my credit card. Was able to stop him after the 900$ purchase.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yay you are online @darlicious 😂😂😂

@nfdf33  Are you saying that the thief just swapped SIM card numbers instead of porting out? If that's the case then you need secure your selfserve account and purchase a new sim and swap SIM ASAP. Again that is why it's always a good idea to always have a spare PM sim on hand.

Also ask PM to investigate how your sim card was swapped. 

Good luck!!

@nfdf33 

Check all accounts associated to your email and phone number such as Amazon, PayPal etc.... consider putting a fraud alert on your file w/ transunion and Equifax.

brettster99

Okay so it looks like he knew your email and password then.

Bitwarden will definitely help you with the password. You might also want to consider using multiple emails for different parts of your life. Not necessary but it might help prevent something like this. But either way Bitwarden is great and free and will help secure you account 

nfdf33

Yes. I had 2FA he logged into my Public Mobile account changed my SIM CARD to his and thats how he obtained my number and started making purchases. Will look into bitwarden.

brettster99

Jesus. Hope you won’t be screwed over more. Change passwords. Use 2FA app or security key. Use a password manager like Bitwarden to help you secure your accounts 

nfdf33

I have also suspended my phone service that hacker changed my sim card to his. Just caught wind of it now

nfdf33

I have called my bank and blocked my cards. They made a purchase of 997$ already. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nfdf33 

While you are waiting for moderator, call your bank now to stop any online payment just in case the scammer is using your phone to receive text message for the 2FA authentication to get into your bank account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nfdf33 wrote:

Did you get a text saying that a port request was underway?

If so, then once again way to go Public Mobile in continuing to be complicit in aiding and abetting a fraud. Don't just follow the rules and regulations of the CRTC. Lead the way. You had it with the text confirmation. Why did that drop by the wayside?

@Catherine_T : once again...This. Must. Stop.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nfdf33 , you should contact the moderator team for assistance ASAP!  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck.

@nfdf33 wrote:

Do you know for sure that it was ported out to another carrier?  What indications are there that it was stolen?

You'll need to open at ticket to the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .

Need Help? Let's chat.