cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: SMS unauthorized publicity from 5179, how to opt-out from this

@Shadowpt 

Here's a tip. If you're getting all these emails in your inbox from here then you can choose to turn it off. You can unsubscribe from your thread or you can turn off those options in your settings.

Just thought you might be interested since you seem a little agitated about this place. That way you can carry on with your life in quiet bliss.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

As far as emails from the community I turned them all off and I also unsubscribe when necessary. I just check the BELL.  

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LurganIeUk 

I've only been here a couple of months so no ads yet but the free 5gb of data is pretty awesome!  I'll take an ad or two if I get a freebie like this.

Shadowpt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile SMS spam cost this client

From the saga "public mobile does not stop sending sms spam": https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/SMS-unauthorized-publicity-from-51...

As I explained at the time, if I couldn't get this to stop I would drop Public Mobile and switch to another operator.

Lo and behold

Screenshot_20210821-171650_Messages.jpg

And another client lost

Screenshot_20210821-171628_Messages.png

I don't understand who in their right mind thinks spamming their clients into leaving their services is a good business decision, but hey, PM must surely know what they are doing. I just won't be here anymore to find out if that's true.

Bye.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile SMS spam cost this client

@Shadowpt sorry to tell you that those CCTS complaint process reminder texts are required to be sent by law by all wireless providers in Canada. You should continue to receive them at any other carrier you move to. You can't stop them. (Unless you block the sender shortcode on your phone)

Promotional texts were disabled with your first "STOP" . Your screenshot shows no promotional texts, only mandatory CCTS complaint process reminders.

softech
Mayor / Maire

I don't see any problem with those SMS messages

in fact, if you hate it so much, you should have follow the complain process.

PM is just following the law to send you those messages.  I am not even sure those messages will be classified as spam.   (Spam does not mean any messages you don't  like)

Good luck with you new provider.  I expect you will have to keep moving providers to look for one that won't send you those messages.   Your search will go on

chainsawcowboy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Shadowpt 

Now you know who and how to complain about those pesky texts about your right to contact the CCTS.

Need Help? Let's chat.