cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS stopped working this morning (no US roaming plan at all)

willph
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This morning my gf's phone (on PM) indicated that it couldn't send messages (Samsung Galaxy S6).  However I would recv every copy of text even tho her phone said it didnt send.  When I sent her a message, my phone indicates it sends fine, but her phone didn't recv them.

Tried restarting her phone twice, no change.

She made a phone call to me, and then all of a sudden all the messages flowed thru and then she got a voicemail from earlier pop in.  

Just posting for people in case it happens to them, try to make a call out on the offending phone.  Not sure why this happened, if its a device issue or a network issue.  So if this happens to anyone, try to make an outgoing call and see if it causes it to reconnect somehow to the network.  

Have a great day everyone!

4 REPLIES 4

willph
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Taekgun She was using the stock messaging app on her Samsung Galaxy S6.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When possible I always suggest trying the sim card in a different phone. This isolates account / PM issues vs hardware issues.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@willph

Thanks for sharing.  There has been a reported issue with Samsung devices on the Telus network having SMS issues when not using the stock Android app.  More specifically, the issue appeared to with the Google Messenger App.  Not sure if that applies to you - more of an FYI.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @willph!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

This is more likely to be a device specific issue.  

It may be worth tryig a third party sms app.  

If the problem persists, send a private message to the mods and have them take a look.  

Need Help? Let's chat.