cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS issues - sometimes delayed sending and receiving

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lately, maybe the last week or so, I've had intermittent issues sending and receiving SMS.  Perhaps it's gone on longer and I didn't notice.

Most of the texts I send seem to be sent immediately.  Some, maybe 10% ??? seem to take seconds or even a minute or two to send.

Most of the texts I receive seem to come in immediately, more or less.  A small number though have come in minutes or even hours later.   And one or two out of order.  E.g., someone sends me text1, text2, text3, I receive text1 and text3 immediately and much later text2.  If it matters, I noticed this in a group chat that I've had active for many months at least and otherwise not had any issues with.

One noteable piece, I got a new phone about 3w ago that otherwise is working well - a Realme 6 pro.  Could it be the phone?

Any help greatly appreciated.  

9 REPLIES 9

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood This could be network congestion. See if LTE network is enabled. Sending text could have less latency.

@ReillyWood 

Turn airplane mode on. Wait 1 min. Turn airplane mode off. This will establish a new (and likely much better)connection with the network. It should solve your issue.

ReillyWood

Global.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood  Is your Realme 6 pro the global version or the Indian version? If it's the Indian version that could be a possibility.

@ReillyWood a smartphone is essentially a mini computer. Periodic restarts etc and cleaning helps to keep it at peak performance. Stay safe. 

@ReillyWood it would most likely be a network issue. make a note on how your signal is on your phone when these issues occur because it could be as simple as not having good reception causing the delays in text. 

when I was in a low signal area at the time my texts sent weren't received till the next day and vice versa

contact customer support here to reset your network on their side

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

ReillyWood

Thanks to both for the suggestions.  I'll give the restart a try first, then the network reset if the restart doesn't seem to improve things.

If the above don't work, is there a "procedure" to debug this kind of issue?  I imagine it could be my phone or the network or even the sender's phone; how to zero in on the problem?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood try resetting your network settings

1. select Settings.
  2. Now choose Network & Internet.
  3. Finally go to Reset Network Settings and follow the instruction which pops up on the screen.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood Try restarting your phone, turn it off,  wait 30 seconds and restart it. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.