cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS for CCTS from text 5129

CellphoneuserPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I received 2 messages within minutes from each other saying its from Public mobile and that unsolved complaints I should contact CCTS etc..

The text came from 5129 instead of 611 and I was wondering if it is a valid text

6 REPLIES 6

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've gotten it approx. every 3 months as well looking at the history. I wonder if for people who don't use SMS there is a way to disable all these notiifcation messages (ie. your plan got renewed, your rewards for this month are x, etc.). Not an issue for me personally but the idea's been brought up before. 

Yes, it's legit. Public Mobile uses a variety of numbers to send notification msgs.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/quot-Public-Mobile-here-quot-numbers/td-p...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CellphoneuserPM 

I received this PM text message once every 3 months.  This may be CRTC requirement that provider need to tell their subscribers about where to get help after not getting a resolution with their provider.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

I received 2 messages within minutes from each other saying its from Public mobile and that unsolved complaints I should contact CCTS etc..

The text came from 5129 instead of 611 and I was wondering if it is a valid text

I received mine yesterday and same number as you 5129.  They are sent out every few months and required by regulations as far as I know.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a PSA that I think PM is required to send out to its users.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes it's valid. I received it yesterday and a few others from 5129

Need Help? Let's chat.