cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Text Corrupted

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Before, I never had a problem with SMS in Russian language with Fido, Public Mobile and Koodo. Now, I came back to Public Mobile and when sending SMS in Russian I would get a warning "Message maybe corrupted on recipient device. Change input mode to automatic." There is no such settings on my phone! Recipients see only question marks. I receive SMS in Russian and text displays correctly.

Could this be a problem with SIM not provisioned correctly?

5 REPLIES 5

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have custom ROM on my phone and sometimes you have to dig for proper setting. I'm in the rush and have no time to Google the problem... At least someone received the "Solution" as a reward.

@Anonymous, @Dunkman, @HALIMACS Thank you all for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well gee @LEGO , you said there was no such setting on your phone. Oh well.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I found this, @LEGO 

May be helpful:

How to fix error message may be corrupted on the recipient device?
If you encountering this error while you're sending SMS, then kindly follow the steps below to fix it:
1. Go to Apps through Home screen.
2. Tap Messaging.
3. Try to send SMS, if you got an attention error said "Message may be corrupted on recipient device. Change input mode to automatic", then tap Cancel button to cancel the message sent. FYI, if you tap Send button, then the recipient may receive the message contains with ???? character.
3. Tap the Menu key then select Settings.
4. Scroll down to Text message (SMS) settings section.
5. Tap Input mode then select Automatic as input mode.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LEGO 

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Network reset of phone. Which model phone? Maybe check your messaging app for language options.

If possible, try the SIM card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether hardware setup issue or Public mobile service problem.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LEGO : Did you google that message? Is your phone rooted? Is it the stock messenger app? What make/model/submodel and OS version is it?

I googled it and it seems known.

Need Help? Let's chat.