cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JK8
Mayor / Maire

Re: SMS/MMS not working

@6500K 

You might want to contact a moderator if you have exhausted all options.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman 

Oh boy, this one is going to be a tough one to try as I have many cached wifi settings from people I support.  I try not to log them in a database for security reasons, so I've been keeping them in my wifi cache.  Do you know of any way to extract this info so I can re-establish them?

@JK8 , I may have to send the moderators a message for this.  I've tried the chatbot and it didn't have anything I hadn't tried already.  I did do a search of the forums but I couldn't quite find a satisfying solution.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll wait about an hour for more suggestions before contacting the moderators and logging a ticket.

Dunkman
Oracle

@6500K 

@6500K wrote:

@Dunkman 

Oh boy, this one is going to be a tough one to try as I have many cached wifi settings from people I support.  I try not to log them in a database for security reasons, so I've been keeping them in my wifi cache.  Do you know of any way to extract this info so I can re-establish them?

Good question.  Beyond my technical knowledge.  May others may know.  

Just did a quick google search

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/smartphones/how-to-find-your-wifi-password-on-an-android-device/

Have you tried your Public mobile SIM card in another working phone?  Does texts work with another phone? It helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@6500K what's the make and model of the device?

• go into your phone's wifi settings
  • scroll down to all your saved networks
  • tap on a saved network
  • tap on share wifi and you will see a QR code and the password beneath it

•  reset your network settings and restart, leave the APN settings alone
  • disable "automatically select network" 
  • do a search and select the public mobile network to try and reset your message center number

delete all those extra messaging apps you've downloaded. go into your default messaging app settings where you can delete the cache etc. and make sure it has all the permissions it needs to send sms

Hi @gpixel4 , thanks for your suggestions.

I have a Sony Xperia Ultra XA1 that is about 2.5 years old.  

I tried to tap on a saved network but all I get is a window that says the security type (WPA/WPA2 PSK) and a choice to "forget" or to "cancel".  I have a lot of BELL devices on there since a lot of them are Bell routers and getting the passwords for each one will be problematic.  For some of them it will be easy when I visit the people I support, like my relatives (once I retire I'm hoping to do a better job of organizing all this info).

I'll try transplanting the SIM card to another phone I used to use for PM and let you know, as well as the person who suggested this earlier.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@6500K 

Go to the phone application.
From the phone application, press *#*#4636#*#*. (You will have to press the Call or Send button after entering this code in for some Android devices).
Tap on Phone Information
Scroll to the bottom to where it says SMSC tap refresh and tell us the number showing

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@6500K  

When you have trouble sending or receiving SMS, it's possible that  a ”force" change of your SMS settings may solve the issue.  

1. Go to Settings
  2. Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo
  3. When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.
  4. Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

Hi @gpixel4 , I tried what you said and the number that pops up is 16475800172.

That's the same number that shows up in the messaging app's settings under "SIM settings".

Hi @benfatto , I tried what you said but the "Search networks" button does not return any other networks/providers, so I cannot proceed further.

Thanks for the suggestion - I understood what this would do and I agree that it may have worked if I could do it.

Need Help? Let's chat.