cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: SIM won't connect in iPhone

Devicecheck.ca confirms it's not lost/stolen or blacklisted.  As for Get Started, I did everything (I setup an android phone the same day with no issues).

Also, I just got off online chat with Bell.  The confirmed for me that my device is NOT locked to them.  The had no record of my IMEI.

I'm back to square 1.  I have 3 different PM SIM cards that do not work on this iPhone, but my Bell SIM (I use for work) does.  I guess I'll try a Rogers SIM for "fun".

P.S. The iPhone XR is pretty new (1.5yrs I think).  Shouldn't all recently new phones be unlocked in Canada now?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RyGirl wrote:

No luck signing in/out of Apple ID.

The sim card is brand new, purchased directly from Public Mobile.  I bought 2 and my other activation (on an android phone) worked with no issues.

The sim cards are fine...something is amiss with your phone. Go to the top of this page and click Get Started, then scroll down to make sure phone is Compatible and you can check if it's been blacklisted somehow.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RyGirl wrote:

Devicecheck.ca confirms it's not lost/stolen or blacklisted.  As for Get Started, I did everything (I setup an android phone the same day with no issues).

Did you open up the little compatibility checker arrow and below that is the lost/stolen checker for this place.

Highlighted

Yup. Compatible and not blacklisted.

Highlighted

I sync'ed with iTunes.  No prompt for a carrier profile update.  Did the check for software updates and diagnostic checks.  Still no luck 😫😡

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RyGirl wrote:

Yup. Compatible and not blacklisted.

If the phone works with a Bell sim...then it's likely been used on a Bell network and seems to be locked to Bell. Customer support over at Bell should be able to provide info on how to free it up for use at PM. Ask for a supervisor to assist.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RyGirl so its working now? The iTunes worked? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma I think she meant that there were no updates and still isn’t working. 

@RyGirl I also have an IPhone XR 

You have said you tried restarting the phone. Taking SIM out and putting in another phone and it worked. 

This is weird question but do you know where the iPhone XR came from? Because certain phone models aren’t compatible. For example phones bought in the US on certain carriers like Sprint are not compatible on Canadian networks. If you got it say from T-Mobile it should work as an example.

Thats the only logical solution I can think of because this is for sure an original problem I seen here 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

OP tested the iPhone with a Bell SIM and the iPhone works.

Since Bell and Telus are sharing cell towers, it should work with PM on Telus network.

I think OP iPhone is not getting the correct PM carrier file to configure it.

@RyGirl 

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Ask moderator to send a PM carrier file to your iPhone.

Need Help? Let's chat.