cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: SIM won't connect in iPhone

Can you back up your phone to iTunes. 

Do a full reset on it...back to "out of the box" settings. 

Set it up manually and try the SIM. 

See if it works.

If yes restore the phone from the iTunes back up. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RyGirl 

Have you tried a telus or a koodo sim in the phone? It sounds like it's an issue with the telus network itself since it works for both bell and and rogers.....is it possible its been locked out of the telus network ? Lol....like the opposite of being locked to a network? Is this even possible? @sheytoon do you know anything on this subject?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious @RyGirl mentioned she has tried a number of websites to verify if phone is unlocked or not. Her findings say it is unlocked. And those sites use the APPLE database for those results. And since the phone works with other SIMS it appears to NOT be blacklisted either. When something is quirky....reset network settings....verify APN settings and reboot. If no results then reset to out of box condition and follow what I said above. Some times we tend to search and search and search for an EASY LEAST EFFORT resolution.....BUT avoid working the issue that could of easily been fixed by now, time wise. 

Edit. While I have never done this...and don't know if it can be done...is the SIM installed right side up?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Lol ....i was thinking out of the box or more like thinking aloud...that it almost seems like it's locked out of thre telus network....almost. @RyGirl has tried literally everything but a factory reset. Any thoughts on why a phone would shut out an entire network but be open to all others?  That's why i was curious if a telus or koodo sim would work?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Lol ....i was thinking out of the box or more like thinking aloud...that it almost seems like it's locked out of thre telus network....almost. @RyGirl has tried literally everything but a factory reset. Any thoughts on why a phone would shut out an entire network but be open to all others?  That's why i was curious if a telus or koodo sim would work?

The Telus or Koodo try is an excellent suggestion “if” is readily available. Perhaps she could ask a Telus store to try a Telus SIM as a prospective customer. Quirks I have no idea why. But in my experiences with mainframe systems, home computers and smart phone is to reboot to clear out the quirks. And for second step for phones and home computers is backup up, start from fresh, and restore the backup. After that start pulling  your hair out or swear or?.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Drink a bottle of Jack?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I'm on the same page as @CalgaryBen. Need to understand what is not working exactly.

If voice calls are working and it's only a data issue, that's a different problem than not registering on the network.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sheytoon 

I'm pretty sure the sim is not registering on the network in the iPhone only. It works in other phones. Bell and rogers Sims work in the iPhone. 3 other active pm Sims don't work in the iPhone.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all, I TOTALLY appreciate all the replies.  Thank you.

Update... my Bell SIM no longer works in this iPhone XR.  I haven't re-tested the Rogers SIM yet, but this leads me to think their is something physically wrong with the phone.  It's a bit odd because the Bell and Rogers SIM's worked instantly when I tried them, but the Bell will not work now after multiple attempts.

I tried a Koodoo SIM today with no luck.  I'm going to re-try a Rogers SIM again for entertainment purposes, but I think my next stop is to the Apple store to see if they can confirm if their is a hardware issue related to the cell/network part of the phone.  The phone is used, but physically it's in mint condition around (for what that's worth).

I'll re-read some of the last few replies to do some more tests and/or provide more information, but right now I'm too frustrated/annoyed to deal with this phone anymore 😯

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible the seller blacklisted the phone recently, and only Telus updated the IMEI in their database so far?

If you start losing the ability to use it on all operators, you may be a victim of a scam. I would go to an Apple Store right away and get it sorted out.

Need Help? Let's chat.