cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card suddenly not working

rachelbeggs24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I've been with Public Mobile for a few months now and have been using a Samsung S4.  In the last 3 weeks my SIM card has not been working and I do not have service.  I've also been trying this SIM card in a newer phone, which is an unlocked (from Telus) iPhone 6S (I changed the size of the SIM card to fit the iPhone).  It indicates that the SIM card is invalid.  Is the SIM card defective? Not sure why it was working and now its not in either phone. Any ideas? Nothing out of the ordinary happened to my Samsung phone.

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rachelbeggs24 

What is your account status?

If active, you may be no good or your account is no provisioned correctly  Since your tested your SIM card in two phones, I will try the to provision your account again.  

1.  Adding $1 to your account will trigger PM server to provision your account again

2.  Report your phone lost/stolen, wait 5 minutes and report that you found your phone 

If expired or suspended, you need to add fund to your account and click on the Reactivate your current plan link to get your phone working again.

Good luck and report result.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rachelbeggs24 if you are on auto-pay. it may have failed.

can you login to your self serve account and check the status of your account. is it active, suspended?

do you have any available funds in your account? 

@rachelbeggs24 wrote:

SIM card numbers from account and on the actual SIM card match up. 

@rachelbeggs24 

That is good news.  Sim hijacking fraud is a hassle.  

Try rebooting your phone and do a network reset of your phones.  

Might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

2.  Manually add $1 into your balance. 
These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account. 

If these tricks don't help, then you will need to contact moderator to see what is happening with your account. 

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@rachelbeggs24 wrote:

@rachelbeggs24 

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue possible bad sim card

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

rachelbeggs24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rachelbeggs24 

Is your account status active?  If the problem is with two phones, it is likely a PM service issue.   SIM card don't often become defective.  Might be an issue with Public mobile itself.  

Might want to check your self service account.  Make sure that your SIM card number matches your actual SIM card.  Have been several SIM hijacking issues recently.  

Need Help? Let's chat.