cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card stopped working

afolden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

SIM card stopped working for no apparent reason - nothing has been changed - I get only emergency service

12 REPLIES 12

@afolden 

Sounds like your sim card has indeed gone kaput. Ask the moderators to reprovision it. If that doesn't work you will have to replace it. If it hasn't been a long time since you first purchased your sim card ask for a credit equal to the replacement cost ($10.)

@afolden 

The robot should be able to submit a ticket for moderator help.  It can sometimes tricky though.  

If issues with robot, you can directly private message moderator_team.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your inbox (envelope icon on upper right corner of website).  Moderator response times are usually within a few hours, but sometimes longer if busier.  

@afolden wrote:

You suggest I "reach out to moderator team"... so how do I do that when all I can find is this community thing and the robot?

@afolden Hi by clicking on the chat bubble lower right corner is how you reach out to them this will help you initiate a ticket to contact them 😁

afolden

You suggest I "reach out to moderator team"... so how do I do that when all I can find is this community thing and the robot?

@afolden 

If possible, try the SIM card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

If PM service problem, you likely need to contact moderator for help.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

afolden

I have not changed phone. I have rebooted the phone several times. I have removed the sim and then put it back. I cannot turn airplane mode off then on again if I can't get into that area on the phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@afolden wrote:

SIM card stopped working for no apparent reason - nothing has been changed - I get only emergency service

I know it says nothing has been changed but have you recently change phones ? If so, where did you get this phone ?

Just wanna make sure phone isn't reported as stolen or blacklisted.

afolden

I already said that only the Public Mobile emergency service is active. My account is active and up to date.

@afolden wrote:

numbers are the same = 3464

@afolden well that is great news is anything working at all?

@afolden 

Is your account status active?  

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Network reset of phone.

Remove and re-insert SIM card.

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

afolden

numbers are the same = 3464

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@afolden wrote:

@afolden hi please check the last four numbers of your sim with the sim number in your self serve account to rule out sim swap attempt if different change all your passwords and reach out to moderator team

Need Help? Let's chat.