cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working. No service message on iPhone

Idalia89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I recently purchased a PM SIM card. I put it and i don’t have signal. I try to reset all things and nothing works. I tried putting another SIM card from PM and works well. Please help! Thank you 

14 REPLIES 14

@princepaul wrote:

Porting can take up to 48 hours. 

iPhone reports 'No SIM' or 'Invalid SIM' in the case of a damaged SIM card. Which doesn't seem to be the case.  

Looking through this message thread, I do not see any indication that number porting was requested. Also, a failed or incomplete number port would not cause a situation of no service.

princepaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Porting can take up to 48 hours. 

iPhone reports 'No SIM' or 'Invalid SIM' in the case of a damaged SIM card. Which doesn't seem to be the case.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Although activation usually quick but can take as much as 2 hours in some odd days.. I see that this post has been more than 3 hours,  you should have it activated by now.  if not, they you really need to open a ticket with mod..

rajm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Idalia89 wrote:

Yes I rebooted everything and still doesn’t work. 

So, lets take it step-by-step.

(a) You have already made sure another PM SIM works on your phone - so we can rule that out.

(b) when you insert your new SIM, and you say nothing works - did you try calls as well as data? If the calls work and data doesn't, you'll perhaps need to configure the APN (it is possible that the APN didn't get configured automatically). The APN is "sp.mb.com" - let us know if you need more detailed instructions to configure it.

(c) if nothing works still, wait it out. When I first started with PM - it took almost 12/16 hours before my services got active. If you still see it issue after 12 hours, you should raise a ticket to the moderators (let us know and we can also send you more detailed instructions for this).

Welcome to PM.

Take care.

@rhbcc wrote:

Where did you buy the SIM? Maybe you can return it and tell them about the issue - maybe this can solve your problem.

Stores almost never allow returns of SIM cards. Truth be told, the likelihood of a SIM card being defective is extremely rare. The issues are more likely to be at the account level.

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where did you buy the SIM? Maybe you can return it and tell them about the issue - maybe this can solve your problem.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Idalia89   If the SIM card may be the problem, you may want to get another card.  You can get a SIM card on Amazon now on sale for $5.00 and if you are a prime member, you can get free one day delivery.  Then you can go into your self serve account and change the SIM card. On the main page, go to My Profile, SIM card and change the SIM card.  That might work for you.

Idalia89

Yes I rebooted everything and still doesn’t work. 

@Idalia89 

Did you try rebooting & resetting network connections?

Since you selected a new number, not a porting issue.  Try live chat for activations - maybe they can confirm activation completed?:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Idalia89

Hello, yes I went thru the entire process of activating the sim. My credit card was charged and all. I put the SIM card in another phone and still doesn’t work so I’m sure the problem is the sim. Thank you  

@Idalia89 wrote:

Hello, I activated today. I asked for a new number, and yes my card was charged. Thank you 

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Idalia89 

Have you gone thru the activation process?

If porting a cell number from another provider, be sure to get the account number from the previous provider before beginning the activation process.  See link below on specifics regarding porting & changing a number:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Idalia89

Hello, I activated today. I asked for a new number, and yes my card was charged. Thank you 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Idalia89 wrote:

Hello. I recently purchased a PM SIM card. I put it and i don’t have signal. I try to reset all things and nothing works. I tried putting another SIM card from PM and works well. Please help! Thank you 

When did you activate the SIM card? Are you porting a number over? Did your credit card get charged for the plan you chose when activating?

Need Help? Let's chat.