cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not received, MOD provided me a wrong tracking number

netoprax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven't received my sim card yet and the mod provided me with a 14 digit tracking code, Canada post told me their tracking codes has 16 digits.

so how can I find out what happened to my sim card?

they've stopped responding my questions on the inbox

they said my order number is 234191 

can anyone else help me?

(I am not even a customer yet and having these type of problems, I am certainly thinking about not even activating my card now, but I still wanna know what happened to it.)

thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @netoprax 

You mentioned in an earlier post you just moved to another province.

Is it possible Public Mobile may have sent your SIM card to the location where you moved from?  Of course, they would have only done that if somehow that was recorded somewhere in their system.

For the heck of it, try the postal code associated from the location you moved from.

@netoprax  did you try without a space in postal code and with a space?

If so and no outcome. Than you will have to reach moderators again. 

netoprax

I put my 6 digit Order number on Canada Post and then put my Postal Code and got the message: "There are no items associated with this postal code. Enter the postal code of the destination to track this item."

I also tried my billing address postal code, same message.

@netoprax wrote:

it is nice to hear that most customers dont have problems but they are being really shady here

taking forever to reply and when they do, they give me that wrong number 

unfortunately I'm in Nova Scotia

I am just wondering whether its worth spending another 10 bucks to get this sim card myself, since apparently they cant get that delivered and are basically getting 10 bucks away from me without doing their part

according to your comment it should be worth it

I need to do a better research now before committing to this company

I've heard that this sim provider....

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

will ship your sim fast and FREE.  The sim only costs $2 as well.

When you do start a new PM account, use someones referal code and you'll still get the $10 credit applied to your new account.

You're in the right place to do your due diligence and research. Ask away...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@netoprax 

Sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you. Regarding delivery for last few months some have been reporting 2 to 3 weeks some said a few days. Canada Post is really behind. It may depend where you reside.  I have a package stuck with Canada Post that was coming from Ottawa to Montreal (2 hours) and it's been with them in transit since December 7th. Still have not received it.

As for yours.

Go to Canada Post tracking site and enter your order number.

You should see this screen pop up. I tried your order number and this is what popped up. Asking for your postal code.

Screenshot_20210105_111532.jpg

Enter your postal and the tracking info should come up. Do note. Sometimes Canada Post uses recycled numbers. So it might be possible that what you see is someone else's shipment or it will say invalid postal code because it's someone else's code attached to that order number from some other companies tracking number in the past.

Keep us posted!

netoprax

I was provided a canada post tracking number.

netoprax

it is nice to hear that most customers dont have problems but they are being really shady here

taking forever to reply and when they do, they give me that wrong number 

unfortunately I'm in Nova Scotia

I am just wondering whether its worth spending another 10 bucks to get this sim card myself, since apparently they cant get that delivered and are basically getting 10 bucks away from me without doing their part

according to your comment it should be worth it

I need to do a better research now before committing to this company

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry you are having problems receiving your SIM card - the 6 digit number PM provided I believe is your order number.  I checked back on mine and didn't receive a tracking number at all from Canada Post, but my SIM card did arrive within 3-4 weeks.  Canada Post is still delivering with all the Christmas rush, so I'm sure it will arrive, but I don't believe they have tracking anymore.  At least that has been my experience.  I love the savings from PM and hope you will be just as satisfied once you have everything set up!

@netoprax....

I hear you !

If you happen to be in the BC Interior, let me know where (pm me)...I can give you a spare sim that I have....no charge !!

If this makes you feel any better...I'd estimate that 99% of PM customers don't have any compliants once they get their account up and running.

Good luck wherever you land up.

netoprax

Im not that upset about how long the sim card might take

I am actually frustrated that they gave me a wrong tracking code, TWICE.

netoprax

if the sim card takes that long to arrive they should've let us know.

I just didn't go to a store because I was in quarantine since I just moved to another province.

anyway.

thanks for your suggestion of going to a store and get ANOTHER sim card and gift mine to someone else, but I am certainly not gifting anyone to be a part of this company after this experience.

I just want to find out what happened to the sim card they claimed they sent me, and now I wanna know why they keep providing me with a wrong Canada post tracking number.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@netoprax Just try to create a new ticked and ask for tracking number. Nowadays, mail system is veeeery slow. I had to wait for a month for a letter to come from Victoria to Vancouver.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@netoprax...

there have been reports of the sims taking 3 or even 4 weeks to arrive via Canada Post. You could get one from...

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card.

If you're in the GTA, you can make arrangements to pick it up at their office.

When the original sim arrives, gift it to a friend or family member. Using your referal code, they get $10 credit on the new account and you'll get Refer-a-Friend Rewards.

BTW...Make sure to get someones referal code when you sign up...you'll also get the $10 credit.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try sending the moderator a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Due to the pandemic it generally takes two to three weeks for delivery.

If you are in the GTA, you could order and pickup a sim from Canadiancellsupplies.com.

Need Help? Let's chat.