cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card invalid works and doesn’t

BCote
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I’ve been with public mobile for about 3 months and suddenly the SIM card says invalid, turn the phone off then back on works for a while then does it again, I just guessing the sim are is messed up so I order some new ones but I’m curious about this fraud thing could that have anything to do with it? Seems strange it works then doesn’t any info would be great

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BCote wrote:

Hello I’ve been with public mobile for about 3 months and suddenly the SIM card says invalid, turn the phone off then back on works for a while then does it again, I just guessing the sim are is messed up so I order some new ones but I’m curious about this fraud thing could that have anything to do with it? Seems strange it works then doesn’t any info would be great

@BCote 

Try a RESET of your Network Settings with the device you are using now.

Do you have the ability to try your SIM into another phone and use it for a bit to test?

If issue still persists, than one could say this is not a device issue, but a Network, Account, or SIM issue.

@BCote 

Your welcome. Report back your results. We will continue to troubleshoot it if it continues to occur.

BCote
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok Thankyou everyone I’ll try these suggestions 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BCote 

Remove your sim card and carefully clean it. Check the sim slot for any dirt or debris. Does the sim card sit snugly in the slot? If not secure it with a paper shim or a carefully placed piece of tape. See if that prevents the error message from occuring.

@BCote wrote:

I do not believe that this is an issue of fraud, as if it were, your service would not start working again after restarting your phone.This could be a sign up a localized network issue. I've had my phone say "Unregistered SIM " during a time of a network outage.

Need Help? Let's chat.