cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card fee? Answered.. thank you!

crackerjack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

From researching on public mobile.. it seems that in addition to the cost of having a voice/text/data plans.. one would also have to pay an additional $10 fee for being able to use the SIM card every month.

Is this correct?

So for example - if I were to choose the 90 day plan with unlimited talk (province wide) along with unlimited texting (Canada wide) and 1GB of data - the total cost would be $90 plus $30 (per month for SIM card).  So to be able to use the phone on Public Mobile - the total cost would be $135.60 (with taxes on Ontario) for 90 days.  Is that right?

thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @crackerjack.  I had a look at that article and it was from back when PM first re-launched just over a year ago, and I don't quite think they understood how the plans worked at the time.  I can see how it would be misleading.  I'm glad you asked here.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @crackerjack,

When the post by @srlawren was accepted as a solution, that was your way of saying that the post had resolved your issue.

If you plan on becoming a customer, welcome to Public Mobile!

Cheers.

crackerjack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick responses!  Here's the link that mentions the $10 fee:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/02/03/telus-rebrands-public-mobile-as-canadas-cooperative-wireless-provi...

Is there some way for me to say that my "issue" is resolved?

imm1304

Hey @crackerjack,

Martin's hit the nail on the head.  

Furthermore, I would like to reiterate that for the plan you mentioned, you will pay $90 every 90 days plus tax.  

If you sign up for auto-pay, you will get $6 discount every bill ($2 every 30 days).  

Also, this is worth repeating.. everything on the 90-day plan would be for the duration of 90 days.  So the 1Gb will be your data allowance for 90 days.  Many people tend to misinterpret this point, so I thought I clarify.

srlawren

Hi @crackerjack, as others have indicated, the $10/month fee is built into the cost of the plan, rather than on top.  So the plan you mentioned would be $90 + tax, and NOT $90 + $30 + tax.  I believe Ontario has a 13% HST tax?  So that would make it $101.70 total for 90 days of service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No... that's not correct

Mayor / Maire

@crackerjack Not true at all. Where are you seeing this $10 monthly fee to use the SIM?

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @crackerjack,

There is no fee for ordering or using a SIM card.

The basic fees are $5, $10, and $25. They are for plans that are 10, 30, and 90 days long, respectively. Add to the respective basic fee the cost of options, plus any add-ons, less the discount. (See the bottom of the plan builder where the charge is.)

I hope that the above information will allow you to correctly calculate what your 90-day plan would cost. Plus, the plan builder has a perfect record in calculating costs with different options involved.

Since you mentioned 1 GB of data and 90 days, please note that the 1 GB is for the ENTIRE 90 days, and not just for 30 days.

FYI.

Need Help? Let's chat.