cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card Fraud

gerdaV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a message from Fraud Management Team to contact the Client Care Department to update my account information.  How do I contact them?

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @gerdaV thank you so much for your input.  I hope this is the new norm here on Public Mobile.

Stay safe and Best wishes

RosieR

gerdaV

I received a message on my phone 

gerdaV

It was on the Community site with a Moderator Team

@gerdaV wrote:

I did have a Sim Card Fraud and they wanted me to put in a new password and PIN.  To confirm they asked for the last 4 digits of my credit card and my Plan.

@gerdaV thank you so much for letting us know.  May I ask again how they contacted you with this message?  I am asking because this is the first time the community has heard of Fraud Management Team sending messages to customers concerned. 

We have had a number of customers who were sim jacked recently and in the past so I hope this so called Fraud Department would be able to prevent or help prevent this problem

Thanks in advance

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gerdaV : I sure hope that was a legitimate site you gave that login info to. It could have been a phishing expedition.

Oh, I betcha Public Mobile piggy-backs off of TELUS's fraud or investigative division.   I'm certain they would have a dedicated group of a few people dedicated to ensuring folks aren't defrauding them.

As a pre-paid service, Public Mobile likely wouldn't need as much fraud support since they're unlikely to lose out like post-paid services can. (& do)

gerdaV

I did have a Sim Card Fraud and they wanted me to put in a new password and PIN.  To confirm they asked for the last 4 digits of my credit card and my Plan.

@computergeek541 but those terms are not used here on Public Mobile.  

@gerdaV would you come back and let us know what the moderator says about this message?  Thanks in advance

RosieR

@RosieR wrote:

@gerdaV wrote:

I received a message from Fraud Management Team to contact the Client Care Department to update my account information.  How do I contact them?

Hi @gerdaV from where did you get that message?  Was it an email?  Text maybe?  or  private message in your community account.  

The reason I'm asking, is that as far as I know, Public Mobile does not have a Fraud Management Team and Client Care Department.

Would you please post copy of that message in the forums so we may help you further?

RosieR

@computergeek541 you didn't seem to be bothered by the terms used by the OP.  Does this mean this is part of the changes coming to the community and the oracles already know about it?

There has long been a some sort of fraud department. That can be seen from a past example of a customer being needing to send a money order to repay for services already used after some sort of payment dispute. At the time, that was confirmed by moderators to be real. 

As for "client care", that does sounds to be a Telus term.  I only assume that to be customer service. While moderator is the customer-facing term that Public Mobile uses, I would think that within the company, that they could possibly be referred to a term similar to "care". 

If you're asking about the recent announcement about changing the use of the word "moderator" to something else, I do not have any information about that at this time.

gerdaV

A Moderator is looking after my request.  Thank you.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@gerdaV wrote:

Hi @gerdaV from where did you get that message?  Was it an email?  Text maybe?  or  private message in your community account.  

The reason I'm asking, is that as far as I know, Public Mobile does not have a Fraud Management Team and Client Care Department.

Would you please post copy of that message in the forums so we may help you further?

RosieR

@computergeek541 you didn't seem to be bothered by the terms used by the OP.  Does this mean this is part of the changes coming to the community and the oracles already know about it?

@gerdaV wrote:

What did the message say and what the the reason for the information needing to be changed?  Usually a carrier wouldn't be concerned about a SIM card on the account being changed unless a complaint was made.  Another possibility would be if the carrier noticed two different SIM cards with identical identification numbers being connected to the network at the same time.  Modeartors are contacted by opening a ticket at: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.