cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD GRAVEYARD: RIP Bell and Rogers

shrimpdude
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Last month I brought in my whole family and a few others into the PM fold. Finally got everyone's numbers ported in and running. (Still need to fix a few referrals though.) Here's the fallout:

IMG_20161203_184504-2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Yup. PM is a great deal.

LTE speeds for $40, province talk, and text and data countrywide. Can't get sweeter than that when you combine autopay, referrals and loyalty pricing.

RLBL

my wife and I used to be with Rogers, then went to Koodo, and now PM.

My Data speeds went up with each move (switching from Koodo to PM connected me to a closer tower go figure).

The moves (cost before taxes):

Rogers: $125/month (Local calling, 6GB)

Koodo: $90/Month (Canada wide, 1GB)

PM: $74/Month (Province wide, variable 4GB)

I am saving $51 a month start to finish on cell phone plans.  I converted the recent savings into a Google Play Music service (loving it) so I feel like I am getting it for free (thus a net savings of $36)!

N.B. Canada wide is not important to me as I spend 95% of the time in the province, and with the data I just make VoIP calls anyways.

ajanda

Congrats @shrimpdude happy that mostly everything went smooth for you. Enjoy the better value of PM. Dave_M had put a post about the update on current support issues on Thursday.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-on-support/m-p/114863

Please wait until Dec 5 or even next week. The Mods will get to reward issues eventually.

JUNA1D5HAH
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I am so happy to have left Bell and come to PM.
I was with Bell for 13 years and was paying way too much.
Between my wife and I, we are saving $73 per month.
That is craaaazy!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I like manually cut sims:)  tired it once and messed up the sim.

Welcome to PM glad things are going.  referrals will take a bit.  I going to wait another week or so before asking PM to adjust them, if everyone messages them on dec 5 there will be another backlog 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.