cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE, BUT CANNOT MAKE CALLS

Papa45Proton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have service, but anyone I call, my entire Contacts List, the call will never go through. Every call is considered as being 'Long Distance' which it is not. Even then, my service is Canada-Wide which cannot possibly be Long Distance. I have been using this service for over a year without any issues, same payments, same plan, yet suddenly I cannot complete calls because EVERYTHING is long distance so Public Mobile refuses to allow my call to go through, hence stealing my payments without giving any service for which I paid. Why are they doing this and why do they have no means of directly communicating with their thieves, er I mean service representatives?

49 REPLIES 49

Papa45Proton

Messaging works. I used his phone to send a text message to my own. So they screwed him on his minutes. Crooks.

Papa45Proton

Gotta love their message on their site 'Keeping You Safe And Connected' whilst they deny service to an 82 year old man who is the demographic in most danger from COVID. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Papa45Proton wrote:

That was my first thought. He is elderly after all. I am aware of the 'pocket-dialling'. No such thing occurred. I checked. 

Can the phone receive calls? Can the phone send or receive texts? Can it use its browser or send and receive MMS?

Papa45Proton

That was my first thought. He is elderly after all. I am aware of the 'pocket-dialling'. No such thing occurred. I checked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Papa45Proton wrote:

The very first thing I did. Nothing to do with the minutes. As I have stated, unlike him, I am tech-savvy. He is being ripped-off. Simple.

And did you see the minutes line as shown above?

Maybe you think it's a pay as you go service. It's not.

Papa45Proton

I checked again. Nowhere near over the use of minutes. 

Papa45Proton

The very first thing I did. Nothing to do with the minutes. As I have stated, unlike him, I am tech-savvy. He is being ripped-off. Simple.

@Papa45Proton 

Check your dad's self service account, under Add on section.  Do you see the 100 minutes talk tracker?  If you don't see the tracker, that means your dad used up his minutes for this 30 day cycle.  Checking voice mail and call forwarding also uses up minutes.  PM counts by the nearest minute (not by the seconds billing) 

See below as an example:

Pasted Graphic.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Papa45Proton wrote:

Rebooting the phone was my very first thing I did. I am tech savvy. Checked everything. It is not the phone, it is Public Mobile ripping-off a senior citizen.

Public Mobile doesn't go around ripping off its customers.

Maybe your father "pocket-dialed". Check the usage details for a longer than usual call.

Check the data & add-ons area for a mention of 100 minutes. If it's not there then they were all used.

For these limited minute plans, the $5 add-on is a terrific safe-guard of using up your minutes.

The $15 plan is 100 minutes outgoing. That's it. Take calls all day every day but only an hour and 40 out.

Papa45Proton

That was my very first thought. My father who rarely uses this phone except to contact me or anyone else when he needs help cannot run out of minutes. The plan is Canada-Wide, which means he cannot be charged Long-distance. I read the particulars myself before setting it up for him. They are robbing him, plain and simple. I have already begun searching for another service.

@Papa45Proton can you please check his self serve account. if there is no min showing that means it is all used up. hence, why you can't call out

Papa45Proton

Rebooting the phone was my very first thing I did. I am tech savvy. Checked everything. It is not the phone, it is Public Mobile ripping-off a senior citizen.

Papa45Proton

I am on the $15 plan, and the plan did not run out of minutes as my father only uses the phone very rarely. I gave it to him for emergencies. He is nowhere near any 'minutes'. 

Papa45Proton

This started within the past 7 days. I checked my father's phone. Says the service is 'active', but that it is also 'Disconnected'. The mobile internet works just fine, but I cannot call out.

Papa45Proton

The insertion of '1' has never been required before. As I have stated, the phone with the plan has been used without difficulty for over a year. It is only recently this has become a problem. My father was left outside without any ability to call me today. He is elderly, and I cannot have this happening again. If I do not get a resolution today, I will be closing the plan and moving to someone else. I will not tolerate any risk to my father's ability to contact me because I will be forced to sue Public Mobile if anything happens to him.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Papa45Proton what plan do you currently have?

if you are on a limited plan you have most likely used all of your minutes

you can purchase the $5/500min add-on to replenish your min

purchasing an add-on is a two step process

• make a manual payment of $5 then choose the add-on
  • or
  • go to the add-ons page and apply the addon then apply it again when you see $5 of "available funds"

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Papa45Proton , if your self serve account shows as active, then it could be a provisioning glitch that affected your calling feature.  I suggest reaching out to the moderators and asking them to looking into the problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck.

BTW, the long distance notification could be due to not inserting 1 in front of the 10 digit number.  Try including 1 with the 10 digit number when calling.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Papa45Proton 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Which plan are you on?  $15 or $10 plan with limited minutes.  If you are one of these plans, you likely ran out of minutes.

If you are on unlimited talk plan, does your text and data work?  Incoming calls? Is your account status active or suspended?

Maybe try a network reset.  Reboot your phone.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Papa45Proton 

When did this start?

Is your account active?

Which plan are you on?

Need Help? Let's chat.