cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE, BUT CANNOT MAKE CALLS

Papa45Proton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have service, but anyone I call, my entire Contacts List, the call will never go through. Every call is considered as being 'Long Distance' which it is not. Even then, my service is Canada-Wide which cannot possibly be Long Distance. I have been using this service for over a year without any issues, same payments, same plan, yet suddenly I cannot complete calls because EVERYTHING is long distance so Public Mobile refuses to allow my call to go through, hence stealing my payments without giving any service for which I paid. Why are they doing this and why do they have no means of directly communicating with their thieves, er I mean service representatives?

49 REPLIES 49

@KLHM wrote:

I just started having the same issue today, was on a call, it dropped, then couldn't make or receive calls, just texts (I have a flip phone, so I have the $10 50 min Canada-wide plan).

Can't even access voice mail from the phone.  All calls say that it is long distance (it's not).

Calls to the number go straight to voice mail.

Did you ever get a resolution?

I checked, didn't use up the 50 mins...

You've used up your 50 minutes until your next renewal. One option is to get the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. Any unused add-on minutes will just roll over until you use them..even if it takes several months or longer.

KLHM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just started having the same issue today, was on a call, it dropped, then couldn't make or receive calls, just texts (I have a flip phone, so I have the $10 50 min Canada-wide plan).

Can't even access voice mail from the phone.  All calls say that it is long distance (it's not).

Calls to the number go straight to voice mail.

Did you ever get a resolution?

I checked, didn't use up the 50 mins...

@computergeek541 

Thank you. I appreciate your due diligence.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

No it was in between @ShawnC13  last two messages.

found it

Yes, it was moved when I applied that to another post. When a message is moved, the default is to move any messages that were in reply to the moved message.

@computergeek541 

No it was in between @ShawnC13  last two messages.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

And the problem with my message was...........?

It was probably mixed in with the rest of the message when I performed the move.

@computergeek541 

And the problem with my message was...........?

@MoreYummy wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

(thread edited)

what did you change? 

Messages were removed.

@computergeek541 wrote:

(thread edited)

what did you change? 

@Papa45Proton wrote:
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text

His Plan. I checked his calls, with each one not even a minute. That is 100 minutes PER MONTH. He does not even make 100 minutes PER 6 MONTHS. 

I am glad that you are tech savvy and understand everything with PM, but just quickly here are some things you are incorrect on.  It is 100 minutes per 30 Days, Moderators DO work for Public Mobile and Telus, Public Mobile is NOT ripping off your father.  You didn't understand that your father was out of minutes when you were asked to see if it is 32/100 (minutes).  I understand it is an emergency phone but if this is something that has to have minutes to call out on to reach you I wouldn't rely on a limited minute plan as obviously mistakes can happen and minutes get used up.  Or as suggested buy that additional add-on minutes they are a great back up and would probably suit your father's needs perfectly.  There were many people trying to help you and if you had honestly just given them a chance this would have been cleared up quickly.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Papa45Proton 

Wow this was quite the read and soon to be archived. Please get familiar with how to contact the moderators thru private message. If you have created this community account using the email for your father's account I suggest you message the moderators and figure out a resolution before at the least a 12 hour temporary ban is imposed. I know you are upset but would you have insulted and hurled profanity out walking down the street? Or on the phone to a customer service rep? Who would have every right to hang up on you for what you have said. Your behavior is unacceptable and you have offended many.....reconsider your behavior and please be polite to the moderators when you contact them. They like you and your fellow customers that have tried to help you and @Dabr tthat has the patience of a saint are actually human....please be one yourself. I hope the rest of your week goes better for you. Welcome to the community....i think.

@Papa45Proton there is no need for the language or name calling that you are using here.  People are trying to help

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Papa45Proton

Odd, since I receive INSTANT HELP from actual employees of my own carrier. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Papa45Proton wrote:

Let me get this straight, the Moderators are employees of Public Mobile, but they cannot give you service?

@Papa45Proton   Yes they can give you service but it's all online via messaging so you need to contact them.  Use this link to send a private message to Moderator_Team, but remember the wait time can be couple of hours or much longer (it's been unusually long over the last few days unfortunately).

Here's the link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Papa45Proton wrote:

Did you just state that Moderators can access my father's account? Public better pray this is not true.

@Papa45Proton   Yes they are PM employees and are the only ones who can access his account after you message them and account verification process has been completed.

Papa45Proton

Did you just state that Moderators can access my father's account? Public better pray this is not true.

@Papa45Proton wrote:

I am aware of why they do this, have been forever. They do it to cut the costs. Labour costs are by far the highest of all costs for any business. Cut the labour, increase your profits. It is why I was hesitant to use this service. I only chose them because my father rarely uses the phone, hence the need for a low cost. 

@Papa45Proton   Yes you're right it's to save money being the Public Mobile is a discount carrier, however, Lucky and Chatr I believe offer tel. customer support and do have similar plans and one of them maybe a better fit for your father's needs for times like this? 

Papa45Proton

Interesting. That is a lot of help. I am at 'My Addons' right now. 

@Papa45Proton wrote:

"The 500 mins add-on is only $5 and will not expire so is a great back up for the times when the 100 plan mins get depleted.  Remaining mins from the 500 mins add-on will roll over every cycle until completely used up."

Looking into this right now. This would save Public's ass if it works.

@Papa45Proton  I have the same plan and have that 500 mins add-on purchased over a year ago and only used a few mins from it and rest is still in my account, so depending upon a user's needs it can last anywhere from days, months or even years.

Papa45Proton

I am aware of why they do this, have been forever. They do it to cut the costs. Labour costs are by far the highest of all costs for any business. Cut the labour, increase your profits. It is why I was hesitant to use this service. I only chose them because my father rarely uses the phone, hence the need for a low cost. 

@Papa45Proton wrote:

That is precisely my point, they are CUSTOMERS. They do not work for Public Mobile. I just found the fatal flaw with Public Mobile, and it may be enough for me to end the service for my father and switch him to another one.

@Papa45Proton   Yes unfortunately PM customer support is online only via the moderators or this Community forum which allows other customers to offer advice or suggestions that have been known to work for some issues or answers questions for new customers.  The moderators can take anywhere from one hour to couple of days to respond back to you so that's why sometimes customers responding here can often give advice which helps resolve the issue for quite a few without a long wait being involved.  Of course, if the issue involves account access then you can only ask for support from the moderators as they are the only ones who can access your account.

Papa45Proton

"The 500 mins add-on is only $5 and will not expire so is a great back up for the times when the 100 plan mins get depleted.  Remaining mins from the 500 mins add-on will roll over every cycle until completely used up."

Looking into this right now. This would save Public's ass if it works.

Papa45Proton

"a call lasting 2 mins 20 secs would actually deduct 3 mins from the 100 mins.  In addition using your phone to check voicemail would also use outgoing mins."

Yes, I am aware of this, which is how I know something is not right with Public Mobile.

Papa45Proton

My father does not check Voicemail. He does not know how. He is 82 years old. 

Papa45Proton

That is precisely my point, they are CUSTOMERS. They do not work for Public Mobile. I just found the fatal flaw with Public Mobile, and it may be enough for me to end the service for my father and switch him to another one.

@Papa45Proton wrote:
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed

His Plan. I checked his calls, with each one not even a minute. That is 100 minutes PER MONTH. He does not even make 100 minutes PER 6 MONTHS. 

@Papa45Proton   Since the 100 minutes are for all outgoing calls, they can be easily used up as PM rounds up all calling mins so a call lasting 2 mins 20 secs would actually deduct 3 mins from the 100 mins.  In addition using your phone to check voicemail would also use outgoing mins.  Of course you can check voicemail with another phone which wouldn't deduct any mins from your father's plan.  The 500 mins add-on is only $5 and will not expire so is a great back up for the times when the 100 plan mins get depleted.  Remaining mins from the 500 mins add-on will roll over every cycle until completely used up.

I've always found moderators to be very helpful so if you need to find out exactly how those mins were used please contact them either via SIMon chatbot ? mark bottom right of your screen or private message Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Everyone responding to you here is a fellow customer and are just giving you advice and suggestions as to a possible reason why your father cannot make further calls.  Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Papa45Proton if texting works and incoming calls work then dial 611 what status is being reported?

If the plan has outgoing plan minutes remaining insert the sim in another phone to see if calling out works 

Papa45Proton
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed

Papa45Proton

"Public Mobile doesn't go around ripping off its customers."

It just did. And they ripped-off an 82 year old man, at a time of COVID. Nice, yes?

Need Help? Let's chat.