cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers and Fido

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Disscussion only. 

Please don't advertised other carrier deals in this community. 

"Thank you for sharing this, however, due to our community guidelines please do not post any offers not related to Public Mobile. " Shazia_K.

Edited by: Ndesai

72 REPLIES 72

@Taekgun wrote:

Agreed with all.  As TELUS appears to be falling in line with the rest of the big three in that none of the "lowest tier" (for lack of a better description) are matching this offer - nothing from Lucky or Chatr either, IMO we just won't see anything here.  Hate to burst the bubble for those who are anxiously waiting for a promo to drop - not gonna happen.  Smiley Indifferent

If this is true, those carriers PM is trying to compete with have no LTE plans. Does that mean we will never see LTE promos? PM having LTE plans, they should take advantage to up their game and compete with upper tier carriers.

Kimber1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For me it's the Roam Like Home Option.  Twice I have attempted to use the $8.00 US Texting add on with Public Mobile and twice it failed.  When I go to the US now, it's $6.00 for everything.  Calling, texting and data.  Thats why I'm going to leave.

Good observation @Taekgun. It does appear it will be a shoot out between Chatr, Lucky, and PM. Thankfully we still have the edge in pricing. Not enough to draw their customers away but great for folks escaping the big 3, and any disgruntled medium 3 customers. Guess that makes us one of the "no frills" three! Robot LOL

Hope we keep offering LTE as an option, and never sell phones. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agreed with all.  As TELUS appears to be falling in line with the rest of the big three in that none of the "lowest tier" (for lack of a better description) are matching this offer - nothing from Lucky or Chatr either, IMO we just won't see anything here.  Hate to burst the bubble for those who are anxiously waiting for a promo to drop - not gonna happen.  Smiley Indifferent

@Luddite wrote:

"Well, i am sure their marketing team looks around too. Posting here and drawing customers away"

@NDesai I am no longer certain PM manages its marketing. On this particular issue Telus/Koodo both have matched the deal but PM has not. Seems to me that we can conclude Telus is managing the marketing of Telus, Koodo, and PM. Therefore, Telus has decided PM will not match this offer and don't care if PM loses data hungry customers.

Yes, I don't think PM has a dedicated marketing or tech team except a few staff and mods. It all comes and goes through Telus. At the early stage of PM under Telus, i am sure they did and expectations were much better, but sadly, not so much now 😞

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree with @Michael77 too. When we mention other promotions we are comparing it to what PM is currently offering. 

jshmeek

@Luddite wrote:

"Well, i am sure their marketing team looks around too. Posting here and drawing customers away"

@NDesai I am no longer certain PM manages its marketing. On this particular issue Telus/Koodo both have matched the deal but PM has not. Seems to me that we can conclude Telus is managing the marketing of Telus, Koodo, and PM. Therefore, Telus has decided PM will not match this offer and don't care if PM loses data hungry customers.

Agreed. Looks like Telus wants to move some PM users to postpaid, just like the targetted promos to Koodo a few months ago. Well, all I know is they're going to get me to move. As much as I'd like to get the same plan here and be able to get the referral and community rewards out of it, it looks very unlikely at this point.

Michael77

@NDesai wrote:

@Michael77 Back then i don't i think i ever saw people posting new topics to discuss plans offered elsewhere because PM plans were the cheapest out of all. Users kept it topic specific to let them (those who are looking to join) know some options. Now that has changed probably because PM haven't really offered a good promo the entire year. I see people are really desperate to see something and sure they deserve something much better just for helping out here on the community. Let's hope something comes up sooner rather than later and hope we don't ever see a year like 2017. 

@NDesai,

That makes sense. 

Yes, let's hope something comes up soon. 🙂

Thanks.

@Michael77 Back then i don't i think i ever saw people posting new topics to discuss plans offered elsewhere because PM plans were the cheapest out of all. Users kept it topic specific to let them (those who are looking to join) know some options. Now that has changed probably because PM haven't really offered a good promo the entire year. I see people are really desperate to see something and sure they deserve something much better just for helping out here on the community. Let's hope something comes up sooner rather than later and hope we don't ever see a year like 2017. 

Michael77

@ShawnC13,

I know exactly what Jeremy was talking about because I had the personal interaction with him. Having said that, it seems like there is new management now and things have changed since then. I am okay with that, I just needed to understand and be clear on the rules so that I followed them. My suggestion would be for Public Mobile to make the rules clearer so everyone understands them right from the start. Thank you.

@NDesai, I do agree with you.  @Michael77, we don't know what Jeremy's intentions were as he is not here but this thread is a singled out post that goes into detail of the offer and therefore is a direct advertising piece  than an informative piece of comparison.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Enough of this fuss. It is just morally wrong to even discuss other deals on the community of the carrier you are with. If you are so interested, RFD is there to discuss whatever you want. It makes no sense for anyone to discuss PM deal on Rogers or any other carrier's community/forums. PM has been lenient on this type of matter so far, but since more and more deals are coming forward from other carrier, you just post here and discuss the deal which usually leads to another deal. If you are so interested, why not just go ahead and join. I am sure what you all are trying to do here is to make PM aware of this. Well, i am sure their marketing team looks around too. Posting here and drawing customers away is just not the right thing to do when most users are coming here for help. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Completely identical??? including: price, customer service options, hardware options etc... So basically no comparing.  Yes I know taking it to an extreme... Or only comparing when PM is cheaper....

We have been comparing plans since always and that ain't going to change.

I am happy with the plan I have, the data I get, and the price I pay.  If I was not then I would be leave.

I think pm has to decide what it wants to be and who it is competing with and it needs yo fix the bugs that have been plaguing it for oh so long or people will leave when the opportunity arises.

Easiest solution would offer everyone on LTE to go to  koodo for $35-40 a month for ,4gb ( rogers offering something like that to chatr) and then switch to 3g only service.

Then pm competes with lucky and chatr only, and no one is comparing to other providers.

End of rant 🙂

Michael77

@mimmo

@mimmo wrote:

have to agree with @Michael77 . 

@NDesai  are you trying to say if PM offers a 4gb plan we can only compare it to other providers if they offer a 4gb plan?  

According to the welcome thread, We are not supossed to: include advertising and promotion links - that don’t relate to the discussion" .   I am sure any promotion can be made to relate to any discussion quite easily.     

No what I think @NDesai is saying is that the plans have to be completely identical in order for us to compare them. Which of course makes absolutely no sense and was not Jeremy's intention. 

Wonder_why

@Michael77 wrote:

I am confused! I am not sure why PM is now telling us that we are not allowed to reference other promotions?

Please find below something Jeremy_M wrote to me when he was at PM. I wanted clarification regarding comparing PM's deals/plans to others. As far as he was concerned, it was okay as long as it was in relation to something PM was offering. 

"We don't mind the comparison, if it's in relation to what we're currently offering, but a singled out thread which goes into fine detail - is more of a advertising piece than an informative piece or comparison.

I hope this helps,

Jeremy" 

@NDesai wrote:

@Michael77@  wrote:

@mimmo, @Luddite, @NDesai, @srlawren

I am confused! I am not sure why PM is now telling us that we are not allowed to reference other promotions?

"We don't mind the comparison, if it's in relation to what we're currently offering, but a singled out thread which goes into fine detail - is more of a advertising piece than an informative piece or comparison." Jeremy

I agree with Jeremy's statement. Posting a deal that PM is currently not offering is to me an advertising. 

@NDesai,

It looks like you left out part of my quote.

As far as Jeremy is concerned, it is okay to compare plans as long as it is in relation to a plan PM is offering. The way you're saying it,  nobody can ever compare an outside provider plan with PM.

@Michael77 @mimmo new manager at PM Cat Happy need to seal lips 

mimmo

have to agree with @Michael77 . 

@NDesai  are you trying to say if PM offers a 4gb plan we can only compare it to other providers if they offer a 4gb plan?  

According to the welcome thread, We are not supossed to: include advertising and promotion links - that don’t relate to the discussion" .   I am sure any promotion can be made to relate to any discussion quite easily.     

Michael77

Please find below something Jeremy_M wrote to me when he was at PM. I wanted clarification regarding comparing PM's deals/plans to others. As far as he was concerned, it was okay as long as it was in relation to something PM was offering. 

"We don't mind the comparison, if it's in relation to what we're currently offering, but a singled out thread which goes into fine detail - is more of a advertising piece than an informative piece or comparison.

I hope this helps,

Jeremy" 

@NDesai wrote:

@Michael77@  wrote:

"We don't mind the comparison, if it's in relation to what we're currently offering, but a singled out thread which goes into fine detail - is more of a advertising piece than an informative piece or comparison." Jeremy

I agree with Jeremy's statement. Posting a deal that PM is currently not offering is to me an advertising. 

@NDesai,

It looks like you left out part of my quote.

As far as Jeremy is concerned, it is okay to compare plans as long as it is in relation to a plan PM is offering. The way you're saying it,  nobody can ever compare an outside provider plan with PM.

While trying to stay within this site's rules, I think that it might be about time for Public Mobile to introduce a new plan.   Something along the lines of $50 for 10GB LTE/talk Canada+U.S/text/mms is overdue considering that pretty much everyone else (including other another Telus-owned brand) is offering plans in that neighborhood of $50-$60 for similar included features. What is comes down to is this:  In my opinion, Public Mobile's offerings at $50 or those that include the larger amount of data gigabytes are poor in comparison, especially considering it is a no frills brand that is supposed to be able to offer better value and pricing.

@Michael77@  wrote:

@Michael77 The thread is alive so just keep posting as you wish. Robot LOL

This offer is only of interest to folks who want/need more than 3 GB of LTE, or 6 GB of 3g, data every month. Otherwise PM's plans are still the lowest as far as I can tell, plus PM plans can be renewed early if needed in a pinch. This market segment has always been low on PM's priorities. Robot Frustrated

Michael77

Same with Jeremy_M.

@mimmo wrote:

@Michael77 can't agree with you more.

mimmo

@Michael77 can't agree with you more.

Michael77

I hope this helps,

Jeremy" 

Wonder_why

@Garry wrote:

Activated 2 new Koodo lines today.

Unless PM offers me something like 6gb/$36 ($6/gb)in the next 36hrs.......My 2 lines will be ported out. 

I have made it well known in the past that I need something along the lines of 6gb/$50 plan as I live outside Toronto and do not have the wifi luxuries of Torontonians.. 

You decision PM........The clock is ticking.

I think PM will because Koodo have already,Telus want some PM peeps to moved to Koodo

Garry

Activated 2 new Koodo lines today.

Unless PM offers me something like 6gb/$36 ($6/gb)in the next 36hrs.......My 2 lines will be ported out. 

I have made it well known in the past that I need something along the lines of 6gb/$50 plan as I live outside Toronto and do not have the wifi luxuries of Torontonians.. 

You decision PM........The clock is ticking.

mimmo

@Mana wrote:

@Shazia_K is right. 

Please respect the site's rule. 

PM is not in business to promote others. 

I searche both https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Community-Terms-of-Service/ta-p/22262 and https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Welcome-To-Our-Community/ta-p/641/jump... and really didn't find any reference stating we can not post other deals.  please let me know if you can.  I was actualy surprised to see (unless i am misreading it ) that we actually can.

Lithium-CommunitySection3.jpg
Include advertising and promotion links - that don’t relate to the discussion.

It is also curious why the koodo promoting threads were not "censored"

busybee124
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Definitely will consider the switch. Public Mobile isn't anything special anymore, especially since they have a terrible customer service system.

jshmeek

Telus is launching their promo tomorrow (Koodo already has). I'll be leaving tomorrow once they launch it. I can probably stack a 30% employee discount from my work on it too.

My time on PM has been great, but when there are better deals to be had, no point in sticking around (at least I'll still be in the family).

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Shazia_K is right. 

Please respect the site's rule. 

PM is not in business to promote others. 

Need Help? Let's chat.