cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers and Fido

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Disscussion only. 

Please don't advertised other carrier deals in this community. 

"Thank you for sharing this, however, due to our community guidelines please do not post any offers not related to Public Mobile. " Shazia_K.

Edited by: Ndesai

72 REPLIES 72

Wonder_why

@zhadj030 wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@zhadj030 wrote:

@Wonder_why you are moving ?

Yup @zhadj030 pick up the sim already, I stilled love PM but I will used all my Add-On, going to catch Jeremy_M at Koodo Cat Happy

Good luck mate, it is indeed a very good offer. By far.

Thanks bud, could not refused, I need more Data and PM could not come near, going to catch Jeremy_M 

@Wonder_why wrote:

@zhadj030 wrote:

Yup @zhadj030 pick up the sim already, I stilled love PM but I will used all my Add-On, going to catch Jeremy_M at Koodo Cat Happy

Good luck mate, it is indeed a very good offer. By far.

Wonder_why

@zhadj030 wrote:

Wonder_why

Finally I am able to pick up Koodo 10GB Data and until I finished using all my Add On from PM, I still love PM Heart

@Garry wrote:

@Michael77

Thank you,  but I refuse to pay Loblaws pricing for No Frills service.

PM has no Customer service, no online chat, no stores, no subsidies, nothing...........We all knew this before joining and we accept it..........BUT If they're planning to retain customers, they need to offer comparable plans at MUCH cheaper prices or risk losing a large portion of (RFD) clients to other providers when deals appear. The people of Ontario are tired of being screwed over and we want decent plans with relative pricing. It may sound crazy, but PM should be offering clients 10GB for $50 considering their business model.

@Garry, I have to disagree with your comment that I put in bold above.  PM does have customer service.  It just isn't in a conventional manner that you are used to.  As well I have had great service from our MODS and my issues have been resolved quicker then what I have had to spend online with "Live" Chat.  As for sibsidies (italics and underlined) if you are talking about phones I am glad that PM doesn't do this.  You end up paying more for the phone and usually are required to get a higher priced plan when companies do subsidize a phone so you lose on the phone pricing (overall) and lose on a low rate plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have to inform all of you, that if you all happily leave, I'll happily be in the top 0.5% with the single posts that I have been writing every week.

bilal684

@Garry wrote:

@Michael77

PM has no Customer service, no online chat, no stores, no subsidies, nothing...........We all knew this before joining and we accept it..........BUT If they're planning to retain customers, they need to offer comparable plans at MUCH cheaper prices or risk losing a large portion of (RFD) clients to other providers when deals appear. The people of Ontario are tired of being screwed over and we want decent plans with relative pricing. It may sound crazy, but PM should be offering clients 10GB for $50 considering their business model.

Total agree with you. I hope public mobile does some great promo for the end of the year. No customer service, that itself saves them a bunch of $$$.

Garry

@Michael77

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Garry wrote:

I have been waiting patiently for an Ontario 6gb/$50 plan from either Koodo or Public Mobile. I left Koodo after 2years for PM because Koodo couldn't match PM fall promo........much the same as I left Bell after 15years for Koodo........so I guess it's time I go and speak with Rogers/Fido to discuss if they have what I need at the right price........as Ive read they're offering what I'm seeking. 

@Garry,

Public Mobile has a 6gb/$50 plan.  The only thing is it's 3g speed.

Garry

I have been waiting patiently for an Ontario 6gb/$50 plan from either Koodo or Public Mobile. I left Koodo after 2years for PM because Koodo couldn't match PM fall promo........much the same as I left Bell after 15years for Koodo........so I guess it's time I go and speak with Rogers/Fido to discuss if they have what I need at the right price........as Ive read they're offering what I'm seeking. 

I do not want to go to every website to look for a better plan, I want a website like whistleout.ca that lets me see most (sadly not all) of the carriers offers.

discussion is good, and if Public Mobile was smart, they’d start listening to the customer base, and get their heads out of there sun adverse places.

I’m thrilled that I got the the Fall 2016 Promo when I did.  I’m happy I do not play for Canadawide calling, because I don’t ever call out of my Province.  I’m happy I have 3X the data I actually use, and I’m paying more than $50 per month less than I did with Rogers for less than I have now.

Public Mobile would be insane to offer a great promo anytime before fixing the ALL THE ISSUES WITH THE SYSTEM.  New users still scream at the members in the community forums for offering assistance, that we can’t even even help, other than to say please contact the moderators, and tell them the problems you’re having.  Wait for 12 days for a response in promo offers, or more, and be hopeful that you start saving money if you’re in the major markets like Ontario.

Im sure this rant will fall on deaf ears, and PM will not see the frustrations that we have as a collective, over their extremely poor overall treatment of customers.

So many simple and complex issues that need to be addressed, researched and fixed, yet more and more issues get broken at the same time.

This is a private website and Public Mobile is free to make rules as they please about discussions about the competition's pricing.  As a customer, I would much rather be able to discuss those things without restrictions, but I can certainly understand Public Mobile not wanting these types of discusssion turning into free advertising for the competition resulting in lost subscribers.  There are other websites that are not owned by cell phone carriers that wouldn't have a problem with pricing and plans being talked about.  Red Flag Deals, Howard Forums, Mobile Syrup, and DSL Reports come to mind.

StandingWaves
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Shame on you PM.

You don't have a call center.

You don't have stores.

You don't subsidize phones.

You don't even advertise traditionally.

Why are your prices currently higher?  This is totally unacceptable as is your silencing of the posts regarding "those better prices".

I don't expect you to match the "not to be named" promomotions.  I expect youto beat them.

I am pissed about being 1 month into a 3 month term, but there is still a good chance I will jump ship even after a couple referral dollars.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

Why do we have discussion forums  ?

Discuss as much as you want, but avoid listing price or promo details. 

So basically " you can look company x , it has deal y for price z, but i cant share the details"

Also what if it is the other way?  "hey company x is offering this plan, but I still think PM's plan x is better"   

bilal684

@Wonder_why this is not competition. They all talked to eachother about their potential upcomming deal and everyone's matching the deal of one another just for profit. See prices in the US and in EU for real competition...

Wonder_why

Bell matching Rogers tomorrow, might see Telus joining too  Cat Happy love to see competition

casperr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Definitely not in response to free unlocking.

This is in response to Freedom's 10gb data offer in their plans and most especially the iPhones availability with Freedom. See what "real" competition can bring?

@Wonder_why wrote:

Discuss as much as you want, but avoid listing price or promo details. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I wonder if this is a raction to the free unlocking.

bilal684

Yey, glad to hear every telecom company across canada will offer the same deals for end of year. We need more competition in here. Canadians pay the highest prices for phone services in the world. (Correct me if i'm wrong, if not hiest, 2nd highest hands down)

Michael77

There's about 3 different promos out there right now. 

Michael77

@jshmeek wrote:

Sounds like Telus (and subsidiaries likely) will be offering some deals starting tomorrow. The blue carrier is launching the same promo tomorrow as well, so I assume we can hope for a match on this promo come tomorrow.

Heard this on another forum from someone who talked to a Telus rep.

That is good news. 🙂

jshmeek

Sounds like Telus (and subsidiaries likely) will be offering some deals starting tomorrow. The blue carrier is launching the same promo tomorrow as well, so I assume we can hope for a match on this promo come tomorrow.

Heard this on another forum from someone who talked to a Telus rep.

Wonder_why

Unless PM posted the policy not allowed to discuss other providers price or ask to match there Promo 

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

2 hours ago
Re: Rogers and Fido
I absolutely hate the pricing for mobile services in Canada. All three main companies communicate their upcoming deal so that every company/child company in telecoms offer the same prices. Why can't we have real competition, will benefit consumers...

is there such thing a BIGGG thumbs up

Wonder_why

Wonder_why

I didn't posted the advertising links, just mention Rogers and Fido offering 10GB Data for $60,  I wish PM can match the Promo 

Michael77

There are some really good deals right now for Chatr, Fido and Rogers. I hope Public Mobile, Koodo and Telus do the same.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

PM doesnt advertise like all the other companies do since they are online only because it saves money, or at least that is what we  I like to believe. Then since **all** other telecom companies  are offering better deals and advertising them I dont see what is holding PM from going into full promo mode.

Are they waiting for the family to release something ? RFD is saying something will be released tomorrow by dad and bigger sister. Are we safe to assume that PM will follow as well? since it has been a while since we...  I had a reason to recommend PM.

Even pre-paid "Cat-R" got an upgrade similar to original PM 90/12GB/120$ to their Romeo Cat parent (sorry, I dont know what is the name for an adult cat ) 

Need Help? Let's chat.