cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers and Fido

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Disscussion only. 

Please don't advertised other carrier deals in this community. 

"Thank you for sharing this, however, due to our community guidelines please do not post any offers not related to Public Mobile. " Shazia_K.

Edited by: Ndesai

72 REPLIES 72

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm definitely considering the offer personally. Just got the $141 PM promo with 12gb/90 days, and wouldn't mind even more data.

I think other offers should be discussed, if PM wants to keep the customers they have and bring in more, they should get some more promos going and compete a bit. Think about it, double the data on the top plan that is currently offered ($60/5GB LTE, $180/15GB/90 days) to $60/10GB LTE, or $180/30GB/90 days. Even if its just a quick one to match the competition, that would be enough to keep me around.

I can understand why it isn't in the favor of Telus and PM to be allowing advertising of the other offers, though.

"I will get in touch with staff regarding this and request what needs to be done in this type of matters. "

About the same as the action taken to eliminate 3 years old bugs, perhaps? Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @mimmo. if there are better deals out there why not discuss them, because lets be honest , yes PM's price are not bad but there are better options there especially since the big boys actually started having some good prices. But going to discussions only, people with need of bigger data brakes need to switch, it is way better then what is being offered in here, and I believe that national calls are included as well .

As always Ontario gets nothing 😞 what a surprise  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@passiveegg wrote:

This is not acceptable because you guys are adertising other companies and its driving peple out of PM. Our purpose is to bring more people in PM because of the good prices. 

@passiveegg  Why would people leave if PM offered had competitve offers.  PM has its target market and its offerings are decent for them.  and I will always reccomen PM if it suits teh situation, but if it doesn't I do not want to lie to friends or potential customers if something better is out there.  I believe the three 3rd tier brands (not mentioning any names) eventually  try to funnel their customers to their second level brands (as happened here with the koodo promo). 

The offer in question  had much more data than any PM offering so if someone wanted that much data and was willing to pay that price then they would leave anyway.

@NDesai  when you contact staff,  can you ask do the same  rules apply  for telus and koodo offers?   as I heard on RFD telus was going to offer somethng similar as well.

bilal684

I absolutely hate the pricing for mobile services in Canada. All three main companies communicate their upcoming deal so that every company/child company in telecoms offer the same prices. Why can't we have real competition, will benefit consumers...

passiveegg

This is not acceptable because you guys are adertising other companies and its driving peple out of PM. Our purpose is to bring more people in PM because of the good prices. 

@mimmo wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

Disscussion only. 

"Thank you for sharing this, however, due to our community guidelines please do not post any offers not related to Public Mobile. " Shazia_K.

I have to say I disagree with that.  why can't we discuss the competition and their offeres?  Plus I beleive there were no links, just a statement.   I beleive it leads to a healthy discussion which would be good for PM and the community. that is  unless,  PM is afraid they will lose customers... which then means they need to rethink their offerings or offer promos.  

if that is the case any post not related to asking for help should be removed/edited.  

Posting prices offered at other carrier is still advertising deals that are out there. Simply, this is against the community guidelines. I will get in touch with staff regarding this and request what needs to be done in this type of matters. 

mimmo

@Wonder_why wrote:

Disscussion only. 

I have to say I disagree with that.  why can't we discuss the competition and their offeres?  Plus I beleive there were no links, just a statement.   I beleive it leads to a healthy discussion which would be good for PM and the community. that is  unless,  PM is afraid they will lose customers... which then means they need to rethink their offerings or offer promos.  

if that is the case any post not related to asking for help should be removed/edited.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Wonder_why wrote:

Disscussion only. 

Not happening, hopefully. Post away without links. 

Besides, how else will the marketing team keep up to date with the competetion! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

Good price if you need that much data.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bell too.

Need Help? Let's chat.