cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robo Callers and Spam Callers

leo_bl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been experiencing this issue with Robo Callers and Spam Callers on my Public Mobile number.  Very frustrating!!  I haven’t been able to block calls because there are always different numbers. I am using Public Mobile service for 2 months and I am very disappointed. I am getting at least 10 spam calls every day. Is there any solution from Public Mobile to protect customers from those calls??

9 REPLIES 9

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@leo_bl wrote:

I have been experiencing this issue with Robo Callers and Spam Callers on my Public Mobile number.  Very frustrating!!  I haven’t been able to block calls because there are always different numbers. I am using Public Mobile service for 2 months and I am very disappointed. I am getting at least 10 spam calls every day. Is there any solution from Public Mobile to protect customers from those calls??

Hi @leo_bl Rogers has Block Unwanted Callers feature.  Public Mobile does not have this feature.  We are on our own here.

This might help https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/fraud.htm

• Register your phone numbers with the National DNCL or call 1-866-580-DNCL (3625).

EDITED:  Due to Covid-19 that number is temporarily closed.  sorry

Aloha

RosieR

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

there isnt much to do. the only thing is to block them once they called even though they reuse different numbers. 

One thing that I have noticed on both my wife's and my phone is that they use the same area code and the first three numbers are the same as our phone numbers so you can choose to not answer them too. 

cbenny13

Blocking on your phone is probably the best thing to do! 

@leo_bl 

I agree, changing your number is not an ideal solution to this.

Here's what I do, and (knock on wood), it's worked.

NEVER answer any calls from numbers/people you either don't recognize or are not on your contact list.  It can be difficult to ignore a call, but you will get used to it. 

If the person calling you needs you that badly, they will leave a voice message, if they don't bother leaving one, you likely didn't need to hear from them in the first place.

IF YOU DO ANSWER, and the caller is a spammer, it's likely your number will get logged as one which will get answered, so anticipate spam calling to increase (at least in the short term).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@leo_bl 

This thread by @Nezgar  could be helpful with your problem calls or at least give you a little joy.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwardi...

@leo_bl 

Unlucky number.  That number is likely on the scammer's database.  If you don't pick up, hopefully, it should just slow down.  

leo_bl

I didn’t have problem like this with Rogers. This number was assigned to me when I moved to Public Mobile before 2 months. It is not convenient to change number again...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@leo_bl 

Nothing can be done with spam callers on Public mobile end at the present time. 

It can be frustrating problems.  You could change your phone number, but the same thing can happen with new number.  

Try not  to pick up any unknown callers.  Just ignore.  Last week, I had 10 spam callers from Revenue Canada and nothing since.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.