cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous telephone customer service!!

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Today 15 December, I dialed 611 at exactly 19pm , right now it’s 21pm , continuously waiting for an agent to answer my phone call , no one bothered to answer! I want the see how long they kill my time ! Ridiculous customer service public’s mobile !!

52 REPLIES 52

@Someone_here wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

, unless there is a limiting factor in the loyalty reward that I'm missing, that's a minimum $7 off/30 days

@wetcoaster @Farjy

Not exactly... Loyalty reward would be $3/30 days first, and would go up soon enough to $4.

Please read this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Pioneers/Rewards-after-changing-grandfathered-plan-to...

Thanks for that information, @Someone_here.

That's were the disclaimer came from, looks like my search skills were not up to task... I counted $5 for loyalty and $2 for auto pay.

wetcoaster wrote:

, unless there is a limiting factor in the loyalty reward that I'm missing, that's a minimum $7 off/30 days

@wetcoaster @Farjy

Not exactly... Loyalty reward would be $3/30 days first, and would go up soon enough to $4.

Please read this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Pioneers/Rewards-after-changing-grandfathered-plan-to...

@wetcoaster wrote:

@chakri264 wrote:

Yes, once you switch to an in-market plan available now from the old legacy plan, you are eligible for rewards. I did so and I am getting rewards. 

Thanks for confirming, @chakri264!

Same thing for me, I confirm!

RohanRon_ON
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hopefully your questions have been answered and the moderators have provided some useful options for you to switch to the newer in-market plans. 

If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to ask us. 
Have a wonderful day.

Farjy

Very helpful post ! I am going to read well ! Thank you so much ! 

@Farjy

The 4GB version at "3G" speed, same parameters as above.

Screenshot-2017-12-16-10.58.jpg

With rewards $40/30days, adding 400 LD minutes per year: $495/360days

Screenshot-2017-12-16-10.59.jpg

With rewards $38/30days, adding 400 LD minutes per year: $471/360days

These are the plans I'd consider meeting your needs and budget.

- Keep in mind that the data on the 90day plans can also be used at your convenience. For example on the 6GB plan, if you use 3GB the first month, the second month 1GB you have 2GB left for the 3rd...

- Plans can also be renewed early. Say you are running out on day 84, put the amount needed for renewal into your available funds manually and contact the mods, asking them to renew the plan early.

@Farjy wrote:

I needed 2GB at least , and was willing to add 10$ Or 12$ more with my current plan, but they are not willing to do anything for me that’s why I was trying to find what to do now.

@Farjy

Couple of things...

- From your previous post I think you don't need Canada wide calling - the 400min/$15 add-on will cover your "emergency calls" for quite a while.

- As confirmed above, if you switch to in-market plans you'll earn rewards, unless there is a limiting factor in the loyalty reward that I'm missing, that's a minimum $7 off/30 days

- If you are willing to commit to a 90day plan instead of paying every 30 days you'll save another $2

- Unless you are playing high data games and/or stream video in high quality on a regular basis (but to be honest, 2GB would be a drop in the bucket, then) LTE light ("3G" speed at 3mbps up and down, but LTE latency) will be adequate for every day use.

- If my math is right, your base plan right now is $28 coming to $336/360days, plus 2 data add-ons per month, approximately $720/360days. Total per 360days: $1056.

Screenshot-2017-12-16-10.32.jpg

So, this one would be $35/30days, with one 400min add-on per year it's $435/360days.

Screenshot-2017-12-16-10.35.jpg

If you pay for 90 days, it's coming to $33/30days. with one 400min add-on per year it's $411/360days.

For more options and info see next post.

Farjy

I needed 2GB at least , and was willing to add 10$ Or 12$ more with my current plan, but they are not willing to do anything for me that’s why I was trying to find what to do now.

@chakri264 wrote:

Yes, once you switch to an in-market plan available now from the old legacy plan, you are eligible for rewards. I did so and I am getting rewards. 

Thanks for confirming, @chakri264!

@Farjy wrote:

From 2011 to 2014 I had been using those tough phones sold my public mobile. I wish I would have changed my plan when Telus bought public in May 2014, that time I bought Samsung S2 from them, which was the worst phone ever I had in my life. 

It's not too late...

Can you please tell us, how much data you are looking for? I'm sure we'll find a plan that suits your needs.

As mentioned before, if you are switching to an in-market plan you'll be trading phone support for the community and private messages to the moderator team (= PM employees). That's the big difference, and only you know whether you are willing to make that switch.

Farjy

Thanks a lot , I am going to read well all those posts again to decide what to do, as PM left no options for me or if they do offer something for Christmas .

Farjy

From 2011 to 2014 I had been using those tough phones sold my public mobile. I wish I would have changed my plan when Telus bought public in May 2014, that time I bought Samsung S2 from them, which was the worst phone ever I had in my life. 

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wetcoaster wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Farjy wrote:

Thanks for your reply , I am in 25$ plan from 27/15 planlist . I don’t call outside of Quebec but I kept it for in case of emergency! I am not sure about the roaming options, but I know I am able to call outside of Quebec and I was never charged any roaming fees calling from outside of Quebec . Also someone from this group and that agent mentioned being a legacy customer I am not able to take any rewards, off ( which is disappointing) 

@Farjy

I think the 400 minute add-on that I edited into my post above would fit your needs then?

I've had mine since I've switched to PM this spring and have used 18 minutes of it...

If you are switching to an in-market plan you'll be eligible for rewards. I'll need to dig for a thread to back up this statement, though. Bear with me, please.

As promised here is a post from @chakri264 that confirms that they get rewards after switching from a legacy to a (then) in-market plan: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-April-1-changes-are-happening...

There are other members like @mattdxb and @Someone_here (I think?) who have posted about this and might be willing to chime in?

@Michael77 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

LEGACY PLANS JAN 27/15
legacy plans.jpeg

Interesting plans. 

Only available to you if you have a time machine, though. 🙂

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

LEGACY PLANS JAN 27/15
legacy plans.jpeg

Interesting plans. 

@Farjy wrote:

What’s the disadvantage with this plan ? May I know ? Compare to my current plan!

Which plan are you referring to? If it's the $90/90days plan I mentioned... what detail needs clarification?

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Farjy wrote:

Thanks for your reply , I am in 25$ plan from 27/15 planlist . I don’t call outside of Quebec but I kept it for in case of emergency! I am not sure about the roaming options, but I know I am able to call outside of Quebec and I was never charged any roaming fees calling from outside of Quebec . Also someone from this group and that agent mentioned being a legacy customer I am not able to take any rewards, off ( which is disappointing) 

@Farjy

I think the 400 minute add-on that I edited into my post above would fit your needs then?

I've had mine since I've switched to PM this spring and have used 18 minutes of it...

If you are switching to an in-market plan you'll be eligible for rewards. I'll need to dig for a thread to back up this statement, though. Bear with me, please.

As promised here is a post from @chakri264 that confirms that they get rewards after switching from a legacy to a (then) in-market plan: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-April-1-changes-are-happening...

There are other members like @mattdxb and @Someone_here (I think?) who have posted about this and might be willing to chime in?

@NDesai they all had international txt

Then none of new plans did

Then they brought back global txt and killed off Canadian txt

plans.png

@NDesai wrote:

I don't think Legacy plan offered Worldwide texting with any plan. I think you are not on a Legacy plan. Please login to your self-serve and copy paste your plan here. 

Farjy

What’s the disadvantage with this plan ? May I know ? Compare to my current plan!

@NDesai There are no pre-Telus plans active anymore

@NDesai wrote:

Plans they offered before they came under Telus. Before Feb. 2015 i believe.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Farjy,

Very sorry to hear how long it took you to get q hold of an agent and did not get the resolution you were hoping for.

If you are willing to spend $40 (or $38 with $2 autopay rewards), you can change your current plan to an in-market plan that includes Canada-wide calling, global text, and 1GB of (3G speeds) data per month. This is a 90-day plan, meaning you will pay $120 every 90 days (or $114 with autopay rewards).

I suggest you play around with the plan builder and see what options suits you best:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Farjy

Thanks a lot , let me have a look and understand this, as I really don’t wana loose my unlimited Canadawide calling freatures!

@Farjy wrote:

@Farjy

Farjy

@Farjy wrote:

Completely waste of time and energy to call them , they don’t even have any loyality department , few robotic agents replies with in limited power! I feel to cry for wasting my time , I am tired of paying 30$ for 1GB, I requested him if I take 40$ plan can you include unlimited long distance (Canada wide ) he said no no no ! I feel like if I was with other providers for 7 years I would have been appreciated by given little data . I am so disappointed PM .

@Farjy

It's one of the features that plan prices at PM are transparent and don't reflect your bartering skills. One of the things I value about PM, some people will not.

I think as soon as you are changing plans you have to choose from the regular in-market plans and will loose access to customer service over the phone as well as that roaming option shown in @Luddite pic (if it actually is still available to you?).

On the upside you would be able to participate in the rewards program: $5 loyalty reward, $2 auto pay reward (per 30days), also community and referral rewards if applicable.

How much data are you looking for? How often do you call outside of your province?

You could consider the "new" $90/90day plan:

1.5GB data at LTE light ("3G" speed) per 90days (average 500MB per 30days)

Unlimited Province-wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text and Picture Messaging

Voicemail, Call Display and the other talk features you're already enjoying

Per 30days, with your rewards applied it would be (30-5-2) $23 or less, depending on your participation in the community and/or referring friends.

You could round this out with a LD add-on for Canada wide calls, the minutes don't expire until used up. The 400minutes for $15 a good deal if you use less than 400 minutes/90days.

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe PM agents cannot offer plans that are not in-market plans?

Public is a prepaid service and none of the carriers offer loyalty plans or plan discounts to prepaid customers, only post paid customers on a contract.

Farjy

Is this pricelist valid? I asked that agent am I allowed to get any data with 40$ plan or 40$ unlimited Canada wide talk ? He said no it’s 47$ plan .we can’t give unlimited Canada for 40$ . 🤭 I am surprised 😮 

Farjy

No dear they didn’t. I feel to cry to ruin my Friday night , got my weekend after 15 days of working now I feel lost 😭.  I requested them a lot to give me plan of 40$ just add unlimited Canada or give me 1GB with 5$ extra or anything! No loyalty department, no loyalty. 7 years with public that’s a big slap !

Farjy

Completely waste of time and energy to call them , they don’t even have any loyality department , few robotic agents replies with in limited power! I feel to cry for wasting my time , I am tired of paying 30$ for 1GB, I requested him if I take 40$ plan can you include unlimited long distance (Canada wide ) he said no no no ! I feel like if I was with other providers for 7 years I would have been appreciated by given little data . I am so disappointed PM .

Farjy

My plan includes..... 28$ plus tax with Unlimited Canada-wide Long Distance
Unlimited global text messaging and picture messaging
Voicemail
Call Forwarding
Call Display
Call Waiting
Conference Calling

Need Help? Let's chat.