cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert number port

Nowaja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I started online activation of Public Mobile like three weeks ago with number transfer from Fido. I'm 100% sure that I've NEVER finished the whole form and today my number was transfered and I can't use it. How is this possible? What should I do to transfer number back to FIDO?

23 REPLIES 23

Nowaja

Finally PM to @Shazia_K helped and she fixed my account and everything works well now. Thank you very much 🙂

Nowaja

What about @Amanda_C, @Mary_M? Can you please help me?

Nowaja

I still don't get response from anyone 😞

krazy89

to everyone also having the same issue as me and the OP, @Cherine7 was fantastic at helping me get everything sorted out.

i'm up and running thanks to her/him(?)

hope you guys get sorted out soon too!

mb222

I'm in the same boat. This is a horrible experience for many reasons. 

@jheili99 It's hard to admit that I would be at fault for this issue. But that aside, what account number would the ported number be associated with? What log in? What credit card? What plan? It seems that the ported number would be sitting in limbo. An incomplete port like that, being done without the key missing information (a completed request, a chosen plan a credit card, and maybe an account number), should not be done.

to_munda
I am facing the same friggin problem. WTF ??

Nowaja

What should I do, @Shazia_K?

Nowaja

So I found the PM SIM card. i tried to use it in phone but no luck. "Unable seelct network". Right now it seems, that my number doesn't exist.

Nowaja

Hi, I talked with FIDO and they told me to request this issue in PM. I have second number which under the same account in FIDO, so my account is not closed.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

i think what happened was that after you put all required information into the online form and proceeded the system assumed you will finish the process and immediately submitted the port request ( as usually after you insert information as this you would proceed with the activation and you did until it came up to the payment info ) ..in short: a tentative port request was automatically submitted to Rogers....and at the end  rogers/fido decided to authorize the "pending" port and as such your account was automatically closed......if i would have been in your shoes, i probably would have contacted my old provider telling them what happened ( even if it failed or i decided not to proceed ) and would have asked them to stop all porting requests as they would have seen it in their system.....

PM can't reverse your port request because now your account with rogers/fido is closed as you said and PM does not have the authority to re-open this account..but they could help you open up a PM account and maybe recover your number........as rogers/fido allowed the port you probably have better chanced to argue with them..mind this will be a tuff nut to be honest.....

Nowaja

jheili99: Can you please show me where exactly I agreed to transfer my number immediatly after submitting step 2? In this form average user expects that number will be transfered after successful finish of the whole form (after confirm in step 6). And thank you for Twitter advice. I give it a try.

second-step.png

jheili99

sure, i do give you that PM has still some major issues to resolve...no questions there..but it all would have come down to reading in this forum before doing a switch ...many people reported problems as yours and also reported solutions for these problems.....you could try to speed up the process with sending a moderator a private message ( as you can read under the section: how to contact a moderator ) .... or, i had faster response using twitter......but here ( and i assume you do not know that) is a forum run by regular users/PM customers trying to help eachother with account issues or service issues... your issue is neither as you are not a PM customer and only a PM employee can help you with that...

but my advice, if you have a twitter account: try to tweet them..it probably gets you a faster response..

cheers

Nowaja

krazy89: I agree. Why would I want to transfer number without the plan if there is no possibility to pick the plan after the transfer? In first step of form I created credentials for selfeserve, but they don't work.

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What I think is the below would have happen

At step-2 of the activation you agreed to portin your number and the portin was successfull

However you did not proceed to next steps and complete the activation

I hope mods can help to activate with the your number as long as it is not claimed by any other furhter new activations

Similar thread - http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/WHAT-IS-THIS-BS/m-p/117800#M37127

Nowaja

Well, biggest problem is in PM system. It didn't accept any of my credit/debit cards which are not canadian and Fido had absolutely no problem with them. Also I went to six CONFIRMED stores with vouchers (according to PM map, which can be found somewhere here on forum) and in every single shop they told me, that they don't have no such thing as PM voucher.

So where exactly is my fault? I also tried to talk with some of the PM but no response. Now I will be two weeks without my number? Great.

krazy89

you got to be kidding me...

you seriously putting the fault on the user?

i understand the computerized system... but the problem is fundamental with their process and checks...

IE..  you don't port a number in without that user finalizing their plan submission...

it's actually not a hard concept...

jheili99

hi..

1. you can/could have use a debit card or a voucher to pay for PM if you don't have a credit card..how did you open the Fido account?

2. you may never finalized the activation of your account, but prior to that you authorized the transfer of your number by entering it into system and check-marking the box to do so... it is a computerized system ...and as such your responsibility/mistake..

3. PM is backlogged at the moment..so you have to wait your turn which could ( not saying it will ! ) take up to 12 days for a resonse..

just keep 1 thing in mind: this issue was caused by you and is not PM's fault......there are many useful infos and instructions in this forum if people were just to read it before to come to conclusions and blaming PM.....a little reading before doing goes a long way !!!!

cheers

Nowaja

Yes. I'm new te Canada and also there was a problem that I hadn't have credit card yet so there was no way to pay for the promo plan. And because I didn't finish the form and didn't confirm the port I had no idea that they can transfer my number.

UDP7

@Nowaja So you decided last second you didn't want to be with Public Mobile?

Nowaja

Well again. i had a Public mobile simcard. I started the online transfer form. Then I realized that I don't want to transfer number. I stopper filling the form, closed it and threw the sim card away. Now even i didn't finish the form my number was transfered.

UDP7

@Nowaja Wait, why did you try to port your Fido number to a Public Mobile number that you don't have?

Nowaja

I don't know. I don't have SIM card, i've never actually wanted to port number. I can't register into "My account" here, because it says the number doesnt exist.

In FIDO they told me, that Telus transfered my number with my authorization which is not true.

rkreddyb4u

Do you mean the number is ported successfully and the voice / sms / data are not available ? can you please share more details

Need Help? Let's chat.