cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing Disabled email

1973rvl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was a customer up until the Koodo text to switch to the $100 credit $40/4gb month deal. Now trying to sign My 2 kids up for the $40/4gb 3G deal. I realize I left PM but why disable my login to my account?  Can I not use this email address again with PM to Port over my kids numbers and get this latest deal?

Talking to a mod now but can’t get a straight answer. 

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

@LEGO, don’t be spreading the information of my magic hands around like this....

....someone might get the wrong idea lol!

BTW... still no issues for me, that I am aware of after 2 years having done this.

@LEGO wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

@1973rvl Create a new Self-Serve account with a new email, then after it was created change back to old email afterwards. Woman Wink

Are you sure this workaround does work? 

@will13am 

It works, based on my research and @stonechucker magic hands! Woman Wink For proof: click here

Good one.  I did not go back to that thread after I responded initially.  so, I missed out on all the goodies.  Thinking about this some more, I think I know why this works.  When you change the login to a different email, the "real" email associated with the account actually has not changed.  It remains the originally selected email which is unique.  I would say to really make this stick, contact the moderator team afterwards and see if they are able to update the real email associated with the account.  Otherwise, I wonder if this workaround results in a latent problem that might rear its ugly head at some inopportune time.  

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

@1973rvl Create a new Self-Serve account with a new email, then after it was created change back to old email afterwards. Woman Wink

@will13am 

It works, based on my research and @stonechucker magic hands! Woman Wink For proof: click here

@LEGO wrote:

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The issues is that account deactivation after 90 days really only means that customers cannot obtain access to it any more.  The account still sits somewhere in a long term dormant state.  I sense this system is very similar to the Koodo system.  I had an old Koodo account that was closed over 4 years ago getting in the way of reusing an email address.  Of course I found out the hard way when I tried to reuse it earlier this year.  It created quite a mess.  However, Koodo customer service can and will delete old dormant accounts if requested so that email addresses can be reused.  Perhaps such a feature is not available to the moderator team here. 

1973rvl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes that was unlike before a clear answer that I do understand. Thank you. 

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@1973rvl wrote:

Hello,

I was a customer up until the Koodo text to switch to the $100 credit $40/4gb month deal. Now trying to sign My 2 kids up for the $40/4gb 3G deal. I realize I left PM but why disable my login to my account?  Can I not use this email address again with PM to Port over my kids numbers and get this latest deal?

Talking to a mod now but can’t get a straight answer. 

Thanks 

I believe an account will be on suspended/inactive status for 90 days after your plan expired. If you ported out to Public Mobile to Koodo, your account will have been deleted automatically.  You will need to create two seperate accounts using seperate email addresses for both your kids.  It is one SIM card per account.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@1973rvl

Thank you for your question. Please kindly note that the moderator you've been talking to has already provided you with the correct answer to your question. Since you deactivated your account by  porting out your phone# to Koodo, your self-serve account was also deactivated. Unfortunately it's not possible to use the same email address that was on your old account due to a system limitation. 

To create your children's account, you will need to not only use another email address, but it has to be a different email address for each account you plan to create as you may not use the same email address on different accounts  (it's one account, one email). 

Hopefully this is clear enough for you and thank you much for you understanding! 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Accounts are deleted after a while not sure timeframe.  So until it is deleted you can't reuse that email.  That being said you will need to create two accounts using seperate email addresses.

f you use Gmail you can use the plus trick.

Name@gmail.com, name+kid1@gmsil.com all go to the name@gmail.com

Need Help? Let's chat.