cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse of SIM Card from Telus

Jennamie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, my mother is looking to switch from Telus to PM, can we use the same SIM card she is currently using at Telus to sign up at PM?

9 REPLIES 9

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@lheintzman wrote:

If you act before Dec. 31, you can get your mom a Public Mobile SIM for free.  Plus a free month's service. See the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-your-next-30-days-of-service-...

Great tip thanks for sharing:)

Why would you expect to be able to use the Telus SIM?  The SIMs are for each 'branded' network.

The phones are now going back to the old style system where for CDMA you required your phone to be 'switched' to the new carrier, by getting eSIM technology happening.

Thank goodness the eSIMs are going to be awhile in getting to Public Mobile - I'll stick with the SIM technology until I can no longer use it.

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Should have mentioned, I took both phones  with me into the store. Simplified the transactions and line testing. 

lheintzman

@Jennamie wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

Would she have to activate the SIM card at the store and will there be an activation fee or can she just pick up the free SIM card at the store and activate it online?

When I took advantage of a similar offer last September, (Wow Boutique), there was no additional “activation fee" per se. However, because this is a prepaid service, I did have to select a plan and pay for it on the spot.  Within a couple days, PM then credited my account the full cost of the plan, and there was no charge for the 30 days following the first renewal.

Actually,, I bought  two accounts at the same time, so the savings were substantial. And the sales rep handled all the paperwork, including porting both numbers from Koodo and making sure  everything was working properly.  Couldn't have been easier. All in all, pretty great service  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jennamie, If you are getting the free SIM, you will need to activate in store.  Note that some promos require in-store activation, while others require that you do it yourself (on-line).

Jennamie

Thank you for your reply.

Would she have to activate the SIM card at the store and will there be an activation fee or can she just pick up the free SIM card at the store and activate it online?

lheintzman

If you act before Dec. 31, you can get your mom a Public Mobile SIM for free.  Plus a free month's service. See the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-your-next-30-days-of-service-...

Jennamie

Thank you!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No. You need to buy a public mobile sim. They cost 10$ and there are several decent promos it refer a friend which give .both parties a 25$ credit if activated online not retail.

Need Help? Let's chat.