cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreive my old number

nomanakram780
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Due to payment error my old account number was closed and when I re-activated my account it had given me a new number. I was contacting regarding retreiving my old number back which is (old number). The new number that I currently have right now is (new number)

3 REPLIES 3

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@nomanakram780 wrote:

Due to payment error my old account number was closed and when I re-activated my account it had given me a new number. I was contacting regarding retrieving my old number back...

If your previous number was originally assigned from Telus, Koodo, or Public Mobile, you *might* have a chance of getting it back if you open a request with the moderators and very nicely ask if they might be able to re-assign it. It can't hurt to ask!!

If the number was originally from another carrier, you would have to re-open an account at that other carrier and attempt a similar request of their support team to re-acquire the number and port-in all over again....

Otherwise, @softech has covered the only other option of picking a new number from Public Mobile...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nomanakram780  this is an open forum and we are customers here like you..but just trying to help.  You probably don't want to have your numbers posted here.. please go back to your post, click on the 3 dots on upper right and click Edit to remove them

If you account was closed, that meant it has been over 90 days and the number will be back to the pool where it came from.  If you ported the number from another carrier, it will be back to that original carrier.  Of if you get the number new from PM, it will be back to PM pool for others to pick.    Unfortunately, you won't be able to just get it back.  

you can try to go to My Account and try Change My number and try to pick a better number, or hope your old number will comes up (it is possible if it was from PM before and not from other carrier.)  However, since they only give you 5 choices every time, you have to keep requesting a new set, the chance is slim.  😞

Need Help? Let's chat.