cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release

Mearns
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw a post similar to mine. I need to have my number released because my employer has offered me a phone and I want to keep my number. I’ve tried and have failed several times. The bot wants me to sign in, I already have.  It won’t accept my username or password 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Which still depends on ones email. I use Thunderbird as a client. The normal view of the email looks like:

welcome1.jpg

It just shows Me and an email address.

Then when I look at headers I get (severely redacted):

From -
X-Account-Key: account3
X-UIDL:
X-Mozilla-Status:
X-Mozilla-Status2:
X-Mozilla-Keys:
X-Apparently-To:
Return-Path: <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>
Received-SPF: pass (domain of publicmobile.ca designates 208.38.59.78 as permitted sender)
X-YMailISG:
X-Originating-IP: [208.38.59.78]
Authentication-Results: from=publicmobile.ca; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=publicmobile.ca; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO orkaan.nssi.telus.com) (208.38.59.78)
by
Message-Id: <@orkaan-i.nssi.telus.com>
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: =?us-ascii?q?
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i=""
Received: from unknown
MIME-Version: 1.0
From: "Public Mobile" <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>
To: "1000000#######" <kjhbsdflj@kjdnfgkj>
Date:
Subject: Your Public Mobile Activation Details
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Length: 13217

Of course, @Anonymous 

Really only meant the wording of the subject line and how the account number displays (starting with the 1 then a whack of zeros before the sequential number)  😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mearns : How the email looks depends on your email client or webmail and options therein.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mearns : That welcome email would also have your account number embedded in the To:. You might need to look in the headers.

You would also want to toggle autopay off if you can't log in to the self-serve by using the 611 service and your 4 digit PIN which you might find in your texts from "611" if you can't remember it.

If you can log in then remove your payment card there instead of 611.

Good point, @Anonymous 

@Mearns 

The activation e-mail header looks like this - if you can locate it in your e-mail account, you'll have found BOTH the account username e-mail address + the account number beginning with the "1000000 ......."

HALIMACS_0-1619882995768.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mearns : That welcome email would also have your account number embedded in the To:. You might need to look in the headers.

You would also want to toggle autopay off if you can't log in to the self-serve by using the 611 service and your 4 digit PIN which you might find in your texts from "611" if you can't remember it.

If you can log in then remove your payment card there instead of 611.

Mearns

Thanks 

@Mearns 

As mentioned above, you will need to gain access to your self service account.  You will need to provide the PM account number, account holder name and telephone number to be ported to Telus.  

Here is some additional information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you can't gain access to your self service account, you will need to contact moderator. If you are unable to submit ticket via Simon, you can directly private message moderator.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Mearns wrote:

I’m moving to Telus 

When you activate with TELUS, they will ask for the Public Mobile account information to enable the port to occur from PM to TELUS.

Procedures are similar each way.   After you complete the TELUS activation processes, you'll get a text on your PM service to "authorize" the port.   Respond "YES" to the text, then your PM number will be moved to the TELUS service.

Here's an information article from TELUS:

Transfer phone number to new device or account | TELUS Support

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mearns 

Your account username is the e-mail address you initially activated with.   If you can't recall which it was, check your most-used e-mail accounts for the "Welcome to Public Mobile" e-mail when you first activated.

Then, enter that e-mail into the username field, and from there, use the "Forgot Password" function.

Mearns

I’m moving to Telus 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mearns 

Do you mean you want to move your existing Public Mobile account/number to another device, or another carrier?

Can you clarify, please?

Need Help? Let's chat.