cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds. Lol

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, my mom paid for the $15 roaming add on, and it hasn't worked since she arrived in New York last week, I've sent messaged about this to both @Jeremy_M and @Brooke_C only to receive no response, and I'm kinda pissed because I've been a loyal customer of the new PM for a very long time. Anyways, somebody message me so I can give you my mother's information and you can refund her the $15 she paid for service and didn't receive which you'll be able to see in her account. Thanks.

38 REPLIES 38

kutzki
I never really thought about that, but that actually makes perfect sense. Touche mon frere

@kutzki well reason I think data is #1 priority is TXT can be sent via data and even calling can be made if you have data (most VOIP will even let you spoof your caller ID if your port is stuck in limbo)

That's why I was surprised at others claiming 1-calls 2-txt 3-data it just seems odd

If I only have calls I can't use txt or data

But if I only have data I CAN use calls and txt

No offence taken nor intended, sometimes my responses can read harsher than I meant to

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Nobody is disagreeing that they should solve all issues. We all wish it was like a couple months ago, it's not. Unfortunately it's taking some people over a week just to get service. I'm sure we all agree, we just want it to go back to normal. No hard feelings, I hope :). We all just want the best for PM and it's customers.

kutzki
@Rockdaddy22 because we seemed to have a back and forth that wasn't going anywhere substantial. 😛

kutzki
@kav2001c LOL, did I say my issue is more important than yours? If I did, I apologize. Meant no disrespect. That's kinda messed up, also SMS is more important than Data, considering some people don't even use data because wifi is so accessible. Also why do you disagree that they should solve all issues?

@kutzki wrote:

Lol, @Rockdaddy22.... like I said, I've been with PM since the new PM started, and yes some people have been with them longer, but to be completely honest when I used to message mods/staff I'd get a response usually same day. Not used to having to wait this long. It's about a $15 refund for no service. .

@kutzki well then as to priority; Public owes me $200 and your mom $15. Therefore my fix is more important than yours?

(I also have been around alot longer, since CDMA days before Telus takeover)

@deljo_agtor wrote:

Anyone who is backing PM in cases where they are not providing service that people have paid for IN ADVANCE is clearly trying to score some brownie points.  That, or they have special interests in mind.

You can't ignore the fact that this is a total blunder on PM's side and not keeping us informed of ETAs is making the matter worse.  I'm interested in your comments @Rockdaddy22, but don't tell me that they are working hard at fixing this when there's no clear proof that they are!

@deljo_agtor but it is irrelevant if they paid in advance. Your billing does not start until service is restored. The only point is when service starts

There also is ample proof they are working and it is a bit offensive to suggest otherwise. Lots of people have posted about service fixes

@deljo_agtor wrote:

They should be dealing with all the people who have lost service, no matter the length.

If you want to rank priorities I'd say that not being able to call is #1.  SMS is #2.  Data is #3.

@deljo_agtor I disagree but am curious why you think SMS is more important than data?

Rockdaddy22
You didn't have to type all that just to say the response time has been unacceptable lately. It no secret. It'll be back to normal soon.

kutzki

Lol, @Rockdaddy22.... like I said, I've been with PM since the new PM started, and yes some people have been with them longer, but to be completely honest when I used to message mods/staff I'd get a response usually same day. Not used to having to wait this long. It's about a $15 refund for no service. Lol I spoke to my mom and she told me to email them.... their response time is 24-72 hours, if I have to wait 3 days for them to just tell me to troubleshoot which my dad has already done and then another 3 days for them to reset the account, etc. etc. I wouldn't have service until next month. The forum is the place to go, and I didn't really WANT to post this on the forum and air out all this dirty laundry but it's my last resort. Not to say their support is bad, usually it's quite lovely, and to be completely honest with you, I love hearing from them, because they love to help, but email support isn't something I trust from PM. I don't understand why this is such a bad thing to be complaining about? I'm sorry about all the other people who don't have service, but why do you think that I deserve it any less or more than they do? There shouldn't be this many people with problems and as most of the PM staff would say, the other 90% of PM customers that are NOT posting on the forum, and that's great for them, but for those of us who DO have issues, the responses should be a tad more prompt. Lol I get the impression from you that they're doing a bang up job with the resources they have. The level of [customer] service that I get now compared to what it used to be can't even be considered sub par. It's very disappointing, and considering all the new customers they've been getting, one would think they have more funding to hire more mods/tech support/etc. Idk just seems like slacking, as great as the prices are, one shouldn't have to sacrifice good customer service for affordability. I firmly believe in the philosophy that affordability and good customer service should go hand in hand. One of the reasons I joined PM to begin with....

Rockdaddy22
Your thread title was about a refund not no service. I assumed you wanted a refund not service. Did you create a thread last week? Maybe someone could have helped trouble shoot the issue.

Rockdaddy22
No clear proof they are, that's bull, the proofs on the forum. They've been making progress everyday. Did I ever say it was acceptable? NO, Of course it's unacceptable, I was comparing a $15 refund to people without service, that's it. Your talking about something else. They are doing their best to work through the backlog believe it or not.

Rockdaddy22
Some people have messaged every mod here for over a week and haven't heard anything. Either way it sucks, I agree. I just don't want you to think their picking on you or anything.

Did your mom do any trouble shooting?

deljo_agtor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I would rank someone whose lost service for a week or 2 above someone who hasn't had service for a day. So time does matter doesn't it?

Anyone who is backing PM in cases where they are not providing service that people have paid for IN ADVANCE is clearly trying to score some brownie points.  That, or they have special interests in mind.

You can't ignore the fact that this is a total blunder on PM's side and not keeping us informed of ETAs is making the matter worse.  I'm interested in your comments @Rockdaddy22, but don't tell me that they are working hard at fixing this when there's no clear proof that they are!

kutzki
LOL she's had no service since last weekend. I'm confused by whether you're arguing for my point or against it?

kutzki
Considering the fact that I've contacted not just one, but two staff members, in the past week with no response, plus the fact that she has no service, yeah I think it does, no? lol

kutzki
Lol, yeah the fees are ridiculous.... but then, for arguments sake if I'm spending $40 for 10 days of service with just enough service to get by (aka not gpsing everywhere, etc.) then I'm basically paying for a month of service, is that really necessary?

kutzki
YES! Thank you friend.... whoah you got a ton more posts than last time I was here. You been busy eh? lol

Rockdaddy22
I would rank someone whose lost service for a week or 2 above someone who hasn't had service for a day. So time does matter doesn't it?

Rockdaddy22
So this $15 refund ranks where?

deljo_agtor

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
And they should be dealing with all the people who haven't had service for over a week. Am I wrong in my think?

They should be dealing with all the people who have lost service, no matter the length.

If you want to rank priorities I'd say that not being able to call is #1.  SMS is #2.  Data is #3.

Rockdaddy22
So they should offer roaming like Rogers, how is that consistent?

deljo_agtor

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
PM is a no frills carrier, you should know this since you visited them, didn't you? You want them to offer the same service as Rogers?

They should be able to offer some sort of consistent service...it's a bare minimum in my opinion.

Rockdaddy22
And they should be dealing with all the people who haven't had service for over a week. Am I wrong in my think?

Rockdaddy22
PM is a no frills carrier, you should know this since you visited them, didn't you? You want them to offer the same service as Rogers?

deljo_agtor

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
You know they're extremely busy trying to deal with failed activations and ports?

Ya, and? 

Planman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@kutzki wrote:
...Rogers has roam like home, why can't PM?

My guess is because PM is a secondary/budget service provider, not one of the three primary/full service providers (despite being owned by Telus) in Canada. I know Bell now also offers something similar to Rogers' $5/day roaming, but I don't think Virgin or Koodo or Fido do, do they? It's about the deals they can finagle with the U.S. services, and PM probably doesn't have the bargaining power since it has far fewer customers.

I think $20 for unlimited roaming talk & text plus 250MB of data for 10 days is pretty good. Top it up with another $10-20 for some more data and it's still reasonable. Better than the $6/MB that Bell used to charge me if I didn't get a roaming/travel plan (and even if I did...before they introduced their $5/day dealio, they charged $40 for 200 minutes of talk, unlimited texts and 200MB of data for 30 days - hence why I've switched to PM!)

Rockdaddy22
So maybe they should solve your problem before someone with no service, makes sense.

kutzki
Lol, you know, technically speaking this is a failed activation, so your point is moot.

kutzki
Lol, just talk and text, and I don't own my blackberry anymore Planman, so it's quite a bit more difficult, and considering the fact that I'd much rather pay $5 a day for unlimited data with Roam Mobility, even though I'd need to use a different number. Lol, Rogers has roam like home, why can't PM?
Need Help? Let's chat.