cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflection on the Community

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

This thread has been created with the agreement of the user who made the following post in another thread.  Some will find this very ironic that I have moved a post from The Lounge to the General Forum (especially @darlicious ) as this isn't phone or account-related.  This is community-related and very important to the health and survival of this community.  I think it is very important to have some history of where we have come from for the newer members.  For those that have not seen these charts just look at the numbers and those that have been around a while will tell you that there are fewer issues being dealt with now then there was in the past.  So how did the numbers get so inflated?

Below picture form @popping 

ShawnC13_0-1588177046609.png

The following are from @darlicious 

ShawnC13_1-1588177438064.png

ShawnC13_2-1588177542183.png

Finally Today.  Look at the jump in just over 2 months.  If this was financial inflation we would not survive this.

ShawnC13_0-1588179004241.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

37 REPLIES 37

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@shep22 wrote:

@ShawnC13 hello the last time I was on here about a week ago I had a different opinion than an Oracle and I was basically told if I don’t like it here go somewhere else now I see this wonderful chart and although I do agree that the bravos have been watered down I am just wondering if this is more of a jealousy thing on your part seems the people that are at the top of the board now Have been putting in 18 hour days and I believe maybe that is why they are getting all the bravos.You can tell me to leave again if you wish just like the other oracle whose name I won’t mention because I’m not one to call names but in case you forget I am a customer also so I’ll say what I want when I want and if you or anybody else has a problem with that well that’s too bad, that is just my two cents worth have a nice day edit: Also I would just like to add maybe it is time for a shuffle in the community maybe it’s time to get a few new oracles!

@shep22 I can tell you it isn't jealousy at all but you will believe what you want.  I am glad that you agree the bravos have been watered down.  Here is an example of a post getting 6 Bravos for typing "what they said" https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Auto-pay/m-p/535831/highlight....  They got acknowledged for participating but there wasn't even any effort to add anything to help with the question asked.  We are seeing that all over the board now.  Yes, the rewards are all relative if everyone is getting more bravos they will still get the same reward.  This isn't true as you have many users who take pride and time considering their advice to others and they just aren't posting anymore they are so disheartened to see what other posts are getting as much if not more recognition than a well thought out answer that actually helps with the issue.

I can t speak to if they are getting watered down I have only been here three weeks. But that example you just showed made me Laugh out loud. 🤣😂

If you are using that as the standard then, yup that's a pretty watered down response. Or maybe the guy just wanted to show he read the article...LOL

@shep22 wrote:

@ShawnC13 hello the last time I was on here about a week ago I had a different opinion than an Oracle and I was basically told if I don’t like it here go somewhere else now I see this wonderful chart and although I do agree that the bravos have been watered down I am just wondering if this is more of a jealousy thing on your part seems the people that are at the top of the board now Have been putting in 18 hour days and I believe maybe that is why they are getting all the bravos.You can tell me to leave again if you wish just like the other oracle whose name I won’t mention because I’m not one to call names but in case you forget I am a customer also so I’ll say what I want when I want and if you or anybody else has a problem with that well that’s too bad, that is just my two cents worth have a nice day edit: Also I would just like to add maybe it is time for a shuffle in the community maybe it’s time to get a few new oracles!

@shep22 I can tell you it isn't jealousy at all but you will believe what you want.  I am glad that you agree the bravos have been watered down.  Here is an example of a post getting 6 Bravos for typing "what they said" https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Auto-pay/m-p/535831/highlight....  They got acknowledged for participating but there wasn't even any effort to add anything to help with the question asked.  We are seeing that all over the board now.  Yes, the rewards are all relative if everyone is getting more bravos they will still get the same reward.  This isn't true as you have many users who take pride and time considering their advice to others and they just aren't posting anymore they are so disheartened to see what other posts are getting as much if not more recognition than a well thought out answer that actually helps with the issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Staliger wrote:

@ShawnC13 That's an interesting data. probably, consider it as a huge inflation? More and more people want higher savings, and to get them, they try to receive as many likes as possible to go up on the leader board even by posting same answers that already were given inside topics.

I wonder as well is this a reflection of COVID-19, in all seriousness, many of us are working from home now and on our computers me included. @darlicious made a very clear point and being a new member I can speak to what she is saying. When I joined I saw in the first few days a tonne of activity and this is what grabbed my attention. Wow this is like a really cool Reddit forum, lets dive in. Not knowing the culture I also say the bravos button as a Facebook like a button (I am just being completely honest here) I read an announcement from Alan_K that literally said, "if you like someone's post hit that bravos button" or something around that. And the accept as solution as a very subjective button as well. Where it read, "you like someone's response show them by accepting their solution" Im just going by memory but yeah kinda paraphrasing. Overall, love the community, it's quite obvious the culture now is completely different then it was 2 years ago. I can tell this by the comments we read every day. I have noticed similar responses and funny enough I have posted many times where I was the first one to see it, or so I thought. And by the time I finish typing and proofread my answer, 7 people have responded LOL. 

I want to say I have enjoyed the interaction with several people here and have even referenced different oracles outside of this community, "Luddite is a guy you can go to when you start he is really knowledgeable, Shawn is down to earth and has been super helpful. William will say it as it is and that's just fine." My testimony that I am using your profile names outside of this community is a testament that you guys are doing something right. 

Even me writing out this response and feeling the need to say something, because I do feel like I am part of a community is something, I think. 

Sure it has been a bit crazy, but once things get back to normal, whatever that actually is. This community will probably go back to the way it was in November.

There must be more questions though because everyone even the oracles have more bravos then they did 2 years ago. 

Keep on keeping on folks and smash that like button...just kidding. 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Everyone get more bravos sounds fine. Top 1%, 25% etc. is all relative anyway.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 That's an interesting data. probably, consider it as a huge inflation? More and more people want higher savings, and to get them, they try to receive as many likes as possible to go up on the leader board even by posting same answers that already were given inside topics.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

Your screenshot of the bravo leaderboard from two years ago really puts into perspective what has happened in the last few months to the community. Bravos have been watered down to a meaningless Facebook "like", threads are filled with not 3 or 4 of the same answer in quick succession  but filled with 10, 12 or 20 of the same answer. I'm so tired of seeing the same macro (lol I learned what that was a couple of weeks ago) or copy and pasted answer filled with every hedge my bet answer to get the solution. The deterioration of the quality of posts and bravo value that accompanies them has precipitous since february. I can almost pinpoint it to when I took over the leaderboard with 800 bravos and hadn't even noticed until @will13am pointed it out to me. I was so proud of myself....six months of hard work and a huge learning curve.

My glory lasted a whole week and the two man race started with two starkly different warriors. One whose unique and vast knowledge about public mobile and the operating systems of a myriad of phones has helped countless members and the other determined to be the fastest, most prolific, all encompassing and unbeatable bravo leader there ever has or ever will be on the community.

This has now caused every new member to think this is the norm. Newcomers either jump on this senseless bandwagon or don't even try because they think the time they have to contribute and learn is worthless in comparison.....which is sad because the talented, skilled and selfless souls will give of their time elsewhere where it will be valued. Already so many of the regular members who contribute true quality help, opinion, knowledge and mentorship to the community have stepped back....sickened by the poorly disguised gamesmanship and selfish pursuit of notoriety and the stroking of one's ego. Even as prolific as my posting has been (and this turning into a wall of text....whoops sorry!) I have dialed back only posting when something has been missed or in a current discussion. Retreating to reading and posting late at night to avoid being ninja'd half a dozen times and being able to help the occasional OP one on one because everyone else is asleep. Or as @mimmo said....im heading to the lounge. Well a few of us may have been banished here awhile back (lol joking!!!) But the lounge has become the cool place to chill and hang out with interesting threads, discussions and even @CannonFodder 's  Off Topic meme thread that walks the terms of service line more often than not is much more interesting than the daily shenanigans going on in the community.

The times are a changin' and its come the time to change the community...it needs a complete overhaul or instead of change it will just come to an end or worse yet turn into fido's community!

Need Help? Let's chat.