cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals for Accounts

A10A
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After creating a Public Mobile account, can a person still put another person's number down as a referral? Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

exsoldier84

@dhanadhan wrote:

@daredogg wrote:

Hey @exsoldier84 not even the moderators can manually add a referral like you suggested in your post. Either you add the number during activation, or it's a lost referral.

They might be able to but not in this case. They can if someone referred, but didn't get rewards. What is the point of this if you can just add someone wherever you want?

thanks for clarifying!

If you have an active account with plan you should be able to get the refer bonus.  Did you get a new number and will port your existing over later?  The phone number is probably just a way for PM to get to your account number to give you the bonus.  Once you change your number by porting that will now reference your account number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

habs33

Another question, can you refer someone else when your account is active but haven't gotten your existing number ported?

@daredogg wrote:

Hey @exsoldier84 not even the moderators can manually add a referral like you suggested in your post. Either you add the number during activation, or it's a lost referral.

They might be able to but not in this case. They can if someone referred, but didn't get rewards. What is the point of this if you can just add someone wherever you want?

@NDesai raises a good point... since you can't add referrals later, make sure you have this information available when activating (whether it be the number of a spouse, family member, friend, co-worker). Don't know anyone on PM?!  Talk to your friends and co-workers, as people would gladly give you their numbers if they knew you wanted to refer someone! lol

@paultran wrote:

I signed up on Monday and didnt add a referral when I activated. Today a coworker activated and referred me. Is there any way I can return the favor and add my co-worker as my referral? Thanks

As I said earlier, you cannot after activating.

paultran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up on Monday and didnt add a referral when I activated. Today a coworker activated and referred me. Is there any way I can return the favor and add my co-worker as my referral? Thanks

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NDesai is correct. Once you activate you cannot give someone a referral unfortunately.

exsoldier84

you have to be more specific.

if Jason ordered a PM SIM card, activated it with referral given to Mary, then Mary will receive a referral credit.

A day later, George activates his PM SIM and gives referral to Jason, then Jason will receive a referral credit.  Mary will not, because it does not cascade like a dominoe effect.  Only one person gets the referral credit.

You should have put down someone with an active PM number to give the referral. otherwise nobody will get the credit.  If you don't give any referral during activation, then you could contact a PM rep to do it manually.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

No. You can only do it when you activate.

Need Help? Let's chat.