cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral reward problem.

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

One of my family members shifted to PM from Chatr.

My number was entered in the referral.

The porting from chatr was complete and the number is working fine on PM

However I am not seeing the referral reward in 'my account' Yesterday I was seeing $3 rewards but today strangely I got an sms from PM (100 number) stating that my friend has left PM and my referral rewards would stop.

However the fact the person just joined PM yesterday on a 90 day plan.

Can someone please clarify on this.

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

25jai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks Luddite. I'm just worried since there's been issues with people getting messages saying their referal lost, when the referred had ported their number after the activation process.

Correct; once a referral has been made it's their account, not their phone number, that attaches to your account. You must keep your phone number constant until the rederral has been made.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

25jai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a couple friends who want to change, and they want refer me for 1 line and then refer themselves for the other. Suppose they want to try it out first with a new number and not port their own number during the activation process, there shouldn't be a problem with my referral after they port their number to PM right?

And vice versa, If they want to activate the second line, and they use the first line as referral with the new number, it would be safe after for the first line to port to their own number and retain the referral of the second line right?

@daredogg Jeremy was not kean on the idea, but for sure it's the only sensible thing to do after the moderators have left.

@Luddite Seems like a good idea, because I've often wondered why the webform support even exists since it takes several days to respond to users' requests. But, for non-essential services, such as referrals or autopay rewards, it's okay if it takes a few days.

The webform is also a source of frustration for new customers. We're used to as a society of going to a website and sending off an email, expecting a response within a day or so. But, when you have a service-related issue and it takes 3 days to get a response, it defenitely causes doubt if you made the right decision switching to PM.

I think you should suggest it. Maybe the community can help you in Public Lab to come up with non-essential versus essential services.

@daredogg I've been thinking that, for the time being, it would be better to refer customers to the Contact Us webform for issues unrelated to service. I know from watching this forum for a while that PM always "makes good" in the long run. The advantage of the webform is that it provides a record in case an issue really drags on.

This would allow the moderators to focus on "no services" issues; port-ins, activation, service suspended even though paid, etc.

What do you think? 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@neo911 I had the same issue. What's was strange, is the referring number got a 2nd autopay credit when I got stripped of the referral credit. Shazia_K got it fixed up for me, so bravos to her.

I've been noticing that friend referrals don't always go through. Maybe a good rule of thumb, is to ask a moderator to double check it the next day?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@neo911 Something similar happened to me a couple weeks ago. You will need to private message one of the moderators and they will create a support ticket for you.

To make things go faster, provide them, from the beginning:

1) your phone number

2) all the referal numbers you have

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

This seems to be a known glitch. Staff member will check it tomorrow. 

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.