cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral leakage

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I experience what I would call referral leakage today.  I got a SMS saying I lost a referral.  I keep track of all my referrals.  Cross checking with my records, I located the missing number.  I sent a message to my buddy asking whether he had left the building or not.  He tells me that his account is active, no upcoming renewals in the next couple of days.  I have asked for the referral to be put back into my account.  Has anybody experienced this issue?  Am I a lucky one?

16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CaNuCk07 that's likely the key issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Shutdown agreed, it shouldnt be something that the individual user has to monitor and check who left.

The only other side of the argument i can see is it could be a prviacy issue with PM releasing information about other peoiples accounts.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They should email you telling you WHO left so you don't have to cross reference to find out who.

@will13am wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am nah you know what, it's fine here.  My apologies--I figured you'd know the drill since you've been around for a while!  No hard feelings?  🙂

No problem at all.  If you think this thread is more tidy in a different location, go for it.  I would not fell offended in any way. 

Good Boy!

I am sure this topic will help users in the near future. 

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am nah you know what, it's fine here.  My apologies--I figured you'd know the drill since you've been around for a while!  No hard feelings?  🙂

No problem at all.  If you think this thread is more tidy in a different location, go for it.  I would not fell offended in any way. 

Nebula
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Actually~ My second referral happened after the 2016 fall promo. I wish my friends listened to me more. I have nothing but good things to say about PM so far.

@Nebula wrote:

For me it is easier to track down my referrals as I only have 2.

On my first renewal, my account showed the 1 referral but I never received credit. Then on my second renewal, the first person I referred was gone from my list. I emailed a mod and it took them about a week to fix everything up. 

Note: I never received a response back from them telling me it was all fixed up but that's ok because I received the credit on my third renewal

If only they would bring back the 2016 fall promo, then your lonely two referrals would have more company.  Smiley Happy

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am private message Shazia, Mary, MarieHelene, or Simon and they will fix it up for you.  It might take several days for resolution, but it will get fixed.  PS this probably should also be in the Rewards section, where you can also find several other threads on the topic.  Mind if i move it?  🙂

@srlawren, I know the drill.  The private message went in before this thread was started.  This thread was not intended to seek help.  It was to share the experience and see if other have had this happen.  Thus why it went into the general discussion section.  Go ahead, move it to the rewards section if you think it belongs there. 

srlawren

@will13am private message Shazia, Mary, MarieHelene, or Simon and they will fix it up for you.  It might take several days for resolution, but it will get fixed.  PS this probably should also be in the Rewards section, where you can also find several other threads on the topic.  Mind if i move it?  🙂

Nebula

No I never received an SMS when the number was added. I just kept checking the rewards section. 

To make the process a bit faster for you, include the following in the message to the mod (I forgot my PIN and this was the alternate way to verify my account): 

- account number

- email address

- last payment date

And of course don't forget to add your friend's number.

@Nebula wrote:

On my first renewal, my account showed the 1 referral but I never received credit. Then on my second renewal, the first person I referred was gone from my list. I emailed a mod and it took them about a week to fix everything up. 

Note: I never received a response back from them telling me it was all fixed up but that's ok because I received the credit on my third renewal

Nice to know the process.  It would be good if I get a status update.  With the number being added back into the account, does that trigger a SMS that I got a new referral?

Nebula

mimmo
Don't worry. If you have mods your number and your friends number all will get solved. They just check that your number was inputted during friends activation and they add it back to your account

@mimmo wrote:
It has happened to me a couple times.did you have any phantom referrals? That sometimes caused a referral loss instead on an addition. Did you just refer someone new?

No, I have had no referrals since the end of the ubiquitous 2016 fall promo.  This is real leakage.  The number that left was listed in my account legitimately.  My buddy is still using the service.  He sent me a screen shot of his account.  I hope the moderators can put back what leaked out.  Hopefully, I will get a response shortly. 

mimmo
It has happened to me a couple times.did you have any phantom referrals? That sometimes caused a referral loss instead on an addition. Did you just refer someone new?
Need Help? Let's chat.