cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring bill payments

Sunshine-754
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

why is public mobile not recognized as a recurring bill payments?

17 REPLIES 17

@cdnpatriot wrote:

I know this has been covered in other threads in the past.  Wondering if there are any developments on having PM auto pay set up as a recurring payment with the financial institutions.  Scotiabank was saying it's how PM sets up these payments.

@cdnpatriot 

Nothing mentioned recently from Pubic mobile either on the forum or on the oracle section for this possibility.  Probably not a high priority for PM at the present time.

cdnpatriot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know this has been covered in other threads in the past.  Wondering if there are any developments on having PM auto pay set up as a recurring payment with the financial institutions.  Scotiabank was saying it's how PM sets up these payments.

It’s the code. I guess I will replace this card on my auto-pay. 

See BNS MC policy. 

You will earn 1% cash back on net purchases made with your eligible Scotia Momentum Mastercard credit card at gas stations, grocery stores and drug stores as classified by Mastercard (Merchant Codes: 5411, 5541, 5542 & 5912). Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by Mastercard in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply. Recurring payments are defined as payments made on a monthly or regular basis automatically billed by the merchant to your Card. Recurring payments are typically telecommunication, insurance, membership, subscriptions, etc. Not all merchants offer recurring payments. (Please check with your merchant to see if they offer recurring payments on Mastercard cards.) You will earn 0.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases made with your Scotia Momentum Mastercard credit card. Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers, Scotia Credit Card Cheques or Cash-Like Transactions), returns, refunds or other similar credits, fees, interest charges or service/transaction charges do not qualify for cash back. See your Scotia Momentum Mastercard Cash Back Program Terms and Conditions for full details.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

U should mention about Tangerine Master Card. I have the same concern. 

Hmmmm

What is the difference between pre-authorized payment and recurring bill payment?

Mark_C

@Sunshine-754 

Banks don't recognize Public Mobile (PM) as a recurring bill payment because currently, PM does not send out bills. Bills are considered a postpaid subscription, whereas PM is a prepaid subscription because, we pay before we receive service. If PM adds postpaid subscriptions, those payments would be considered recurring bill payments. 

Hi @Sunshine-754 

Check your private messages i left you a link there

Hi @Sunshine-754 

Employees are moderators you can reach them at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

I didn't think they cab do anything as i understand ALL prepaid services are on 30 day cycle. Apparently industry standard

Sunshine-754

Public mobile has to fix it how they charge to the customer.  The way public mobile doing the charge is doing individually.  Every month someone keys it in the charges manually, that why the banks don't see this as a recurring charge.  The bank told me to speak to someone at public mobile, but who do I talk to?

@Sunshine-754 I feel your pain, I guess it depends on the bank, and what they define as a reaccuring payment. This kinda sounds like a Scotiabank account, they tend to try to screw you any which way they can.

Hi @Sunshine-754 

Check my first reply

Your best bet is to contact your bank and let them know you are getting automatically charged but not monthly, every 30 days instead, so the date will move. Maybe they will be abley to fix it

Also your very first payment is not autopay, but every renewal will be as long as you are enrolled

Sunshine-754

because they key it in manually when they charge it to the credit card. so the bank does not recognize as a recurring bill payment. 

Sunshine-754

I am on autopay.  The bank does not recognize it as a recurring charge in order for me to earn a bonus on my credit card.  The bank told me they key it in as a charge manually.  Since I authorized the charge to be charged on the credit card it should be recurring bill payments.  It is the way they do the transactions.  I think the people having preauthorized payments are not getting their bonus.  How can I talk to someone to have this fix?  I understand it is a prepaid usage but I preauthorized it monthly.  Therefore it should be earning as a recurring payment.

If on autopay, @Sunshine-754 technically it is. You pay it every 30 days.

Can you please elaborate more, w what do you mean by not recognised

Did your autopay fail?

Sunshine-754

Yes, I am on autopay

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sunshine-754 

Could you elaborate?

Are you on autopay?

If it is for some kind of enrollment, maybe it has to be on the same date, public autopay executes every 30 days

If that is the case your best bet is to contact your cc and see if they can alter the status manually

Need Help? Let's chat.